Ka Fucking BOOM!

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited September 2011 in Man Cave
ITT: Explosions.

Comments

• VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Can't get any more epic with than fucking nukes with fitting background music:
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Sure you can.

• VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Awesome. Here's a better video of nuclear detonations:
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited January 2011
    ITT: Explosions.

Wow, when I registered here, I didn't expect to see one of my videos in the first thread I opened.

Here's some more of the explosions I've filmed.

edited January 2011
    LordWorm wrote: »
    Wow, when I registered here, I didn't expect to see one of my videos in the first thread I opened.

:thumbsup:
    edited February 2011
    Here's my favourite explosion on YouTube. To my knowledge, the largest charge ever detonated by an amateur. I don't think anything else even comes close.

AnonymousUploads was my hero. His ETN production method was fucking epic. 600g batches in 4 gallon kitchen sink tubs. 3L of sulfuric and 2kg of AN to nitrate a pound of Erythritol at a time. Oh yes, that is win.
    edited February 2011
    Hol e fuk ing shit. That's madness man. I'd like to know how he did that...

You should also write a guide on making ETN.
  • edited February 2011
    Holy hannah, that was a big boom.
    edited February 2011
    He told me the ratio of the components used in that blast a LONG time ago, but I have since lost the notes. I believe it was a whole fuckload of a thermobaric ratio of ANFO, ANNM, and Al powder, the total mass being around 150kg, boosted by nearly a kilogram of ETN.

I'm going to start writing guides next week when I have a week off from class. I'll definitely cover nitric acid esters like ETN, PETN, and NG, and maybe some of the basics of nitramines, though I have less experience with those.
  • AnonymousUploadsAnonymousUploads Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    Sup :)

Someone also re-up'd my FAE attempt.

I've always loved the crazy atmospheric effects caused my air burst nuclear testing. Some of my favorite examples are at :52 and 3:00 of this video.

edited March 2011
    Dammmmmnnnn.
    edited March 2011
    Holy smokes, it's the Alaskan himself! :eek:

Here's a video of 250g ANNM blasting down a tree. I have a gallon of nitromethane on its way to Canuckistan, so I'll be detonating some similar charges in the next couple months.

edited March 2011
    I threw together a new video today for my YouTube channel. It's basically a compilation of a bunch of stuff I've done over the past couple years with HE, flash powder, and homemade cannons.

• nomercynomercy Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    cool shit bud
  • edited March 2011
    Even more fitting music:

edited April 2011
    A new video:

edited April 2011
    Sick. I need to make some ETN this summer.
    edited September 2011
    This thread needs a bump.

Filmed back in April. Stood too close and lost my hearing for a bit, even though I was wearing ear defenders. :eek: