Al Bundy, what a lad!

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Just got chatting to a mate and he told me about this guy. Sums up almost every Father I know - either through how they act or how they think.

Anyone ever watch him on TV? Might have to check it out.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    When this show was being produced in the 80's I watched it every week. In fact Al Bundy and Homer Simpsons taught me everything I know about being a father.
  • HGMIVHGMIV Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    Since you've never heard of Al Bundy (played by actor Ed O'Neill), I assume you're not a US citizen. Or either you are a US citizen and am under the age of 20. Either way, if you're interested, he's still on TV. In the US (I don't know if they have it in other countries) there's a show called Modern Family, and it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. He's in it, and he's perfect in his role.
    edited September 2011
    I have not heard of Modern Family but then I watch very little TV. However for those who are interested you can watch full episodes of this series at http://abc.go.com/shows/modern-family
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited September 2011
    One of the greatest tv shows ever made. They don't make em like they used to. :(
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited September 2011
    Married with children was an awesome show, it comes on late at nights on TBS.
    Also, Modern Family has some lulz in it too.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited September 2011
    HGMIV wrote: »
    Since you've never heard of Al Bundy (played by actor Ed O'Neill), I assume you're not a US citizen. Or either you are a US citizen and am under the age of 20. Either way, if you're interested, he's still on TV. In the US (I don't know if they have it in other countries) there's a show called Modern Family, and it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. He's in it, and he's perfect in his role.

Obviously he isn't form America because if you wheren't retarded you would have notised that he said lad in the topic.

Modern family is funny as hell for todays type of bullshit humor. Nothin beats classic good tv like married with children.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited September 2011
    I'm pretty sure someone on here has a pic of Al Bundy as their avatar. Married with Children was always a pretty cool show, I'd say I'm the only guy under 20 that I know personally who watches it. I remember seeing Anthrax on there once, and that got me hooked on it.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    I'm both under 20 AND not a US citizen, but this looks crazily entertaining. I'm definitely checking this out later, thanks for sharing :D

Edit: 2:20 in the second video. TDR, I'd like to see you do that to your sons girlfriend who you was telling me about over TS :D
    edited September 2011
    Burn wrote: »
    I remember seeing Anthrax on there once, and that got me hooked on it.
    I'll never forget when Anthrax ate the Bundy special. :D
    "It came from the fridge....Why is it hot!?"
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Al Bundy was told to me as a nipper but im in the UK, because he rings a bell, but I never really paid that much attention. He does seem like every Father I know though, and I could imagine TDR being like him in some aspects ;)

Will have to give it a watch thanks to uTorrent. Also his wife (in the show)...Leela!
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2011
    I actually got to watch some of these recently, because for a short time a couple of months ago they played the re-runs on Comedy Central. The should re-introduce it into the line-up.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited September 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    I actually got to watch some of these recently, because for a short time a couple of months ago they played the re-runs on Comedy Central. The should re-introduce it into the line-up.

Here in Australia they show it all the time on one of the HD channels. It's either Go! or Gem, I can't remember.
    edited September 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Al Bundy was told to me as a nipper but im in the UK, because he rings a bell, but I never really paid that much attention. He does seem like every Father I know though, and I could imagine TDR being like him in some aspects ;)

Will have to give it a watch thanks to uTorrent. Also his wife (in the show)...Leela!

The wife on Married With Children is a character named Peg who is played by actress Katey Sagal. She also plays Gemma Teller on Sons of Anarchy and is the voice of Turanga Leela on Futurama.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Fuck, I sort of know about this but dammit, why do I miss out on good stuff. I watched the videos and loved it. Heck, I wanna be a dad like that, just for shit and giggles.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited September 2011
    I remember I used to stay up late watching Married With Children, one of the greatest late night shows ever. Back in the day parents were strict as hell though so the only day I really got to watch it was on Fridays when I could stay up later. You should watch Modern Family, he's still a fuckin boss.
    edited September 2011