Occupy Wall Street

Gary OakGary Oak Regular
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
The revolution is upon us.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    Revolution? LOL That was 1,000 dirty hippies.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2011
    You gotta start somewhere. The first protest against our occupation in Vietnam was only a couple hundred kids.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2011
    I've been following this event through twitter and ustream. It has the potential to grow massively. If the unions join, it's going to inspire some interesting moves by various people. The organisers have released a list of objectives they want met, they've intentionally tried to canvass as many groups as they can.

This may end up as a riot though (If th unions don't show up). It may be unfortunately necessary, as small peaceful demomstrators usually get ignored (look at the Israeli demomstrators in particular and also Greece)

I wish you guys luck and hope you realise that the only way out of your mess is through the liberal side of politics.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    The thing that grabbed my attention were the "penned in and pepper sprayed" girls. Something needs to change, but I'm a firm believer in infiltration and change from within. Still, like Gary saidm you have to start somewhere. Unions and other powerhouses would be a better addition to the pseudo-Journalists and bleeding heart Hippies though.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited September 2011
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Anyone who thinks the powers that be will listen to anything other than bloodshed and bombs is hopelessly naive.

This
  • RunScreamingRunScreaming Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    What, do they think they're Arabs?
    This may be the start.