How much music do you own?

I'm currently at the 11625 songs mark, and almost in need of a new iPod :( My poor 80GB has been almost filled to the brim.

Comments

• ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Over 25000 songs at 326 gigabytes. My 120 gigabyte ipod is nowhere near large enough.
  • edited July 2010
    It sucks how quickly those things get filled up.

I still remember the days when I thought I was awesome because I had like 1000 songs.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    It sucks how quickly those things get filled up.

I still remember the days when I thought I was awesome because I had like 1000 songs.

Haha I remember when I was a little music noob that just hit 1000 songs. I've obliterated that number. xD
  • PsyntheticPsynthetic Regular
    edited July 2010
    Somewhere in the neighborhood of 24,000 songs. I've been deleting music like it's going out of style. Shit takes up too much space. I've got it all stashed on my external though.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited July 2010
    around 50mb
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010
    I had probably somewhere around 60 gb on my external hdd. The case on it broke though so I can't use it.

I only have a 100 gb hdd on my desktop. :facepalm:

So not too much music on there
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    ~255gb. I don't download much anymore because I realized I don't sit around and listen to music like I used to. It's mostly a background thing.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I own like 7 CD records, 18 vinyls, and an ipod touch full of downloaded shit. The ipod aint mine tho.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    I only have about 450 songs on my mp3 collection, not a big fan of music anymore like I was back in the Napster/KaZaA days. I think it really hit me when I lost a 27.3GB collection of nearly 19,000 tracks about 7 years ago. It might have been more than that, but the most I ever got back was about 4,000. It took me forever and I still to this day can't remember some of the more rare songs, nor find them using anything other than Napster :-\.
  • WraithWraith Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    I only have about 450 songs on my mp3 collection, not a big fan of music anymore like I was back in the Napster/KaZaA days. I think it really hit me when I lost a 27.3GB collection of nearly 19,000 tracks about 7 years ago. It might have been more than that, but the most I ever got back was about 4,000. It took me forever and I still to this day can't remember some of the more rare songs, nor find them using anything other than Napster :-\.
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Over 25000 songs at 326 gigabytes. My 120 gigabyte ipod is nowhere near large enough.

What formats do you guys listen to?

LSA either must have had really low bit rate .mp3's or short fucking songs, and the other guy only has FLAC or something. Just curious.

I have almost 50gb on my computer right now, I think. Probably 10 or 20 more on an external hard drive.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wraith wrote: »
    What formats do you guys listen to?

LSA either must have had really low bit rate .mp3's or short fucking songs, and the other guy only has FLAC or something. Just curious.

I have almost 50gb on my computer right now, I think. Probably 10 or 20 more on an external hard drive.

A large amount of my collection is in FLAC, but there's a lot of mp3 in there as well. I love my FLAC. :D
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    0. Since I don't sit around at home and listen to music, and the stereo in my car sucks, I feel no need to have any music. BTW, if you didn't obtain it legally, you don't OWN it.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    A few gigs, probably 10 at most. 2,300 songs on my main playlist in media player.

And I still don't listen to all of it. Seriously, I don't get how you people need more than that amount.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    mr.blunt wrote: »
    A few gigs, probably 10 at most. 2,300 songs on my main playlist in media player.

And I still don't listen to all of it. Seriously, I don't get how you people need more than that amount.

I've listened to every single song I've downloaded at least once...
    edited July 2010

Lies.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Lies.

My last.fm and rateyourmusic accounts are proof.

http://www.last.fm/user/ILTST9
    http://rateyourmusic.com/~nobody46576
    edited July 2010

I'm not saying that you didn't, but there's no fucking way you listen to 25,000 songs regularly. Why download/keep a song if you're only going to listen to it two times?

Just so you can say "Oh, I have 25,000 songs, I am better at listening to music than you"?
    edited July 2010
    My last.fm and rateyourmusic accounts are proof.

http://www.last.fm/user/ILTST9
    http://rateyourmusic.com/~nobody46576

Not really.... The second link only says you've played like 300 songs, and the first link says you've only played 3000 songs.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not saying that you didn't, but there's no fucking way you listen to 25,000 songs regularly. Why download/keep a song if you're only going to listen to it two times?

Just so you can say "Oh, I have 25,000 songs, I am better at listening to music than you"?

No, I have 25,000 songs because I like variety. I want to hear as many different sounds as I can. In addition I never delete anything I download as I have the harddrive space to not have to.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Not really.... The second link only says you've played like 300 songs, and the first link says you've only played 3000 songs.

You're either blind, retarded, or both.
    edited July 2010
    No, I have 25,000 songs because I like variety. I want to hear as many different sounds as I can. In addition I never delete anything I download as I have the harddrive space to not have to.

Um, liking variety doesn't mean you need to download shit you're only going to listen to once maybe twice. I hope the FBI finds your hard drive you and you sit 30 years for every song.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Um, liking variety doesn't mean you need to download shit you're only going to listen to once maybe twice. I hope the FBI finds your hard drive you and you sit 30 years for every song.

Good thing I keep everything encrypted. :)
    edited July 2010

Fair enough. It was just this that gave me the impression you were all about how much music you have:
    Haha I remember when I was a little music noob that just hit 1000 songs. I've obliterated that number. xD
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    I only have about 50gb of music. But my Ipod (Touch) is only like 32gb so that sucks. I wish Apple introduced them with more space to begin with.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Fair enough. It was just this that gave me the impression you were all about how much music you have:

Nah, I just find it amusing that I used to think 1000 is a lot considering the current number. I like being the guy a lot people go to for music recommendations though.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2010
    I lost track about 3 years ago when it was over 1.5 terabytes of MP3s. Gotta love those binary news groups. That does not include the network drives I have set up with my friend who is a PC DJ via Hamachi. That is about 3 terabytes.
    edited July 2010
    Nah, I just find it amusing that I used to think 1000 is a lot considering the current number. I like being the guy a lot people go to for music recommendations though.

Yeah, I mean I guess it's more unfathomable for me to think about having that much music when already my collection takes up a fair chunk of my storage space. I don't have a huge HD, no externals, etc etc so really only keep the primo shit.

I kind of sounded like a dick here, not what I was going for btw.
  • L33tzL33tz Regular
    edited July 2010
    2500 but i only listen to a playlist of 500 or so