When are you at your most productive?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited October 2011 in Life
Ok so we all know that you can be a productive little mofo if you choose to have some speedy drugs. It's no secret that back at University I'd bosh a load of Tramadol before going into the Library for a 4 or 5 hour stint as it worked wonders. Same with mushrooms.
But when are you at your most naturally productive? Is there a time of day when you think "actually yeah, I could write a shitload" or actually get something done you had previously put off for hours or even days?

I just ask as I used to do a lot of work between 3 and 4am, and I can write for what seems forever. I mean, right now it's 3:20am here as I went to bed early due to feeling like shit. So naturally I got up early. Right now I'm up for writing some journal articles for people etc. So that's my peak time.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2011
    My lucid moments are usually between 8 and 11am. After a mug of coffee.

Everything else is usually depressing blur.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2011
    1:30 and 4 am. I'm a night person.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited September 2011
    My lucid moments are usually between 8 and 11am. After a mug of coffee.

Everything else is usually depressing blur.

Exactly the same for me.
  • edited September 2011
    I get in the zone around 11am and leave it roughly 5pm, but thats conditioning of my work.

I get a second wind from 7pm to 10pm where i am strong, smart and motivated - if i stay up past 1am i get a third wind, but it usually turns out it was just the 11-5 deal coming early.
  • edited September 2011
    I'd say I'm steadily productive throughout the day, providing I'm well hydrated and I've eaten something too. As soon as I start thinking about food or drink, my concentration and mood go straight down the drain and I become an irritable douchebag who nobody likes :D
  • 4206942069 Regular
    edited September 2011
    Music can kickstart me pretty well;
    rolf harris, crass, judas priest, gorgoroth
    then bring it all down with joan jett, good formulaer
    I'll feel like a slag all day, then at anytime I shove on some music, ill be up and up for like an hour
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    42069 wrote: »
    I'll feel like a slag all day, then at anytime I shove on some music, ill be up and up for like an hour

That's pretty powerful. Music has an effect on me, but that's just something else :D
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited September 2011
    42069 wrote: »

Largely this. I guess I'm most bright in the morning if I wake up motivated, otherwise late afternoon. The biggest decider is mood though. Say if it's a weekend, I usually have to sit down for half an hour reading over crap before I can actually study productively. Music always helps set the mood though, especially accompanied by a cup of coffee.

For physical work, mornings are always the best for me to start off adleast. I will get really energetic around dusk if I've been doing shit all all day though.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    From about 8 PM until 2 AM. But definitely not the 1st few hours I am awake.
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited October 2011
    best--> about 8pm-112am, im a night person.

worst--> usually about 3-6pm. I dont know why but i always wanna sleep in the late afternoon/early evening