Anyone here skate?

I've been skating again since I haven't been too busy lately. Only problem is that it's been about a year or two since I last stepped on a skateboard. I attempted a grass gap the other night, forgetting that I hadn't ollied in a long time... Faceplanted straight up, in front of some old guy.

So, anyone else skate?

Comments

• rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    Used to, like 5 or 6 years ago.

Once I move to my new town I'll probably start again, cos I'm guna have fuck all better to do.
  • edited July 2010
    We got a skatepark built nearby, and it sucks so much balls. The ramps are terribly designed, and I swear that the people building it drove away in a van which said something about "Kitchen Designs" on the side.
  • KundaLiniKundaLini Regular
    edited July 2010
    All day.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited July 2010
    Professor Oak skates. But I haven't been lately as this summer is ridiculous. How long has everyone here been skating? I've only been doing it about 4-5 years now on and off.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Used too.

We just got a new park built but it's full of little kids.
  • edited July 2010
    Professor Oak skates. But I haven't been lately as this summer is ridiculous. How long has everyone here been skating? I've only been doing it about 4-5 years now on and off.

Yeah, same here. I've been skating on and off for years, but never actually picked it up too well because of the on-off habit.

I think I'm gonna stick some fat wheels on and stick to crusing streets without tricking.
  • edited July 2010
    I skateboarded a shit ton from 5th-8th grade. Didn't do it at all in high school much, and then in college I started riding my board from time to time again, mostly because a lot of my friends were as shitty as I was.

12 year old me could beat the shit out of 19 year old me at skateboarding. I got the ollie left, that's it.
    edited July 2010
    I skateboarded a shit ton from 5th-8th grade. Didn't do it at all in high school much, and then in college I started riding my board from time to time again, mostly because a lot of my friends were as shitty as I was.

12 year old me could beat the shit out of 19 year old me at skateboarding. I got the ollie left, that's it.

I feel you on that shit whole heartedly brother. Tobacco and marijuana ruined my skateboarding.
  • edited July 2010

Somehow, I used to be known as "the kickflip man" when I skated with a bunch of people who live locally. I used to be able to pop out HUGE kickflips from nowhere. Now, I try and miserably fail, every time.

I can ollie though, and so some grabs when airing out of a jump-box thing.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    My culture frowns upon skateboards.
  • edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    My culture frowns upon skateboards.

Are you a cop?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Are you a cop?

No, my culture frowns upon cops as well.

Wesa chinks.
  • Tommy LundTommy Lund Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I used to skate back in the 90s.

We had these huge ass boards. Almost impossible to do any tricks.
  • edited July 2010
    Tommy Lund wrote: »
    I used to skate back in the 90s.

We had these huge ass boards. Almost impossible to do any tricks.

Ohhhh dawg. Did you have those Fish Board things?

I had one of those in my shed somewhere. Shit was awesome. Was luminous yellow and pink, had massive red wheels on it.
  • Tommy LundTommy Lund Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Ohhhh dawg. Did you have those Fish Board things?

I had one of those in my shed somewhere. Shit was awesome. Was luminous yellow and pink, had massive red wheels on it.

More like this.

HRG74JxROgcitnrjb1q1sCmco1_500.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Mine had plastic grind-rails on either side and a tailguard. These things really were awesome. I think someone smashed it up :(
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    We got a skatepark built nearby, and it sucks so much balls. The ramps are terribly designed, and I swear that the people building it drove away in a van which said something about "Kitchen Designs" on the side.

Unlucky.

We just had a new one built, being opened thursday, sponsored by Route One, got some Vans and Santa Cruz skaters.

It's fuckin sweet, it makes me wish I didn't give up and still could skate. Got a real nice bowl n'all!
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010

+1. I can barely ollie anymore :(
    I feel you on that shit whole heartedly brother. Tobacco and marijuana ruined my skateboarding.

+1.

I really, really wish I still skated :(
  • edited July 2010
    It pisses me off that when you slap stickers/tag the skatepark near me, they take it all off.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    When I get money I'm guna buy:

This deck - 22510_p.jpg Maybe. Or I might go for a Girl.

These trucks - 49797_p.jpg

These wheels - 47421_p.jpg
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    I'm a Habitat man myself, although I've been skating an Active deck lately and it's one of the best decks I have ever skated.
  • PsyntheticPsynthetic Regular
    edited July 2010
    I longboard if that counts.
  • edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    I'm sporting:
    Active deck
    Destructo trucks
    Bones swiss bearings
    Powell wheels

I want to go skateboarding tomorrow now.
  • edited July 2010
    This thread has inspired me to invest in a new deck, with some new grip and shit.

I don't like skating my new DC's though, they don't have rubber capped toes and look too nice to ruin :(
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    This thread has inspired me to invest in a new deck, with some new grip and shit.

I don't like skating my new DC's though, they don't have rubber capped toes and look too nice to ruin :(

All I wanna do is skate :(

I might have to dig out my old board from when I was 13, hope it's not too rusty. It was massive tho, like at least 8.25", probably bigger, prefer 7.5"
  • edited July 2010
    reject wrote: »
    All I wanna do is skate :(

I might have to dig out my old board from when I was 13, hope it's not too rusty. It was massive tho, like at least 8.25", probably bigger, prefer 7.5"

My current deck is 7.5, trucks are loose as hell too. It's really hard to skate on, especially after not skating for so long. I'm really tempted to get a new board and customize it especially for crusing around. I'm not so much interested in doing tricks any more, they take too much effort.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    My current deck is 7.5, trucks are loose as hell too. It's really hard to skate on, especially after not skating for so long. I'm really tempted to get a new board and customize it especially for crusing around. I'm not so much interested in doing tricks any more, they take too much effort.

I wouldn't mind getting back into ollying and grinds and gaps and shit.

I just went on route one and put together one as cheap as I could with acceptable (for me) stuff and it's £114.92 :( If I went for what I posted up there it'd be farrr too much for me to even think about getting that much money.

So uh.... anyone wanna lend me £114.92? Maybe Hellish can do a donation drive for me.
  • edited July 2010
    I wouldn't mind getting back into ollying and grinds and gaps and shit.

Yeah, Ollies are cool to do. It's about the only thing I can implement into my crusing sessions. Oh, and if I can ollie, then I can 50-50 as well.

Boardslides never go well though :(
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    Attempted boardslides usually end up in a snapped board and a lot of anger, IIRC.
  • edited July 2010
    reject wrote: »
    Attempted boardslides usually end up in a snapped board and a lot of anger, IIRC.

Oh, mine always used to end up in my balance getting fucked, and the board sliding out from beneath my feet, causing me to faceplant.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    I snapped my mates deck trying a really bad board slide. And seen it happen a lot. Just goes ping in the middle.

Or land on your nuts. Haha.

I used to love the bail vids on Tony Hawks and shit.
  • edited July 2010
    Hahaha, the bail videos were the shit. I used to do every single challenge in the game just to unlock the bails, and the video of the Activision Kickflip Contest from THPS3. Awesome :P
    edited July 2010
    ^ Excellent vid.
    Erorr wrote: »
    I've always been one to rock a santa cruz.

First deck was a Santa Cruz!
    Psynthetic wrote: »
    I longboard if that counts.

I too!