Attn: All new members.

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I was originally going to post this in B&M, then I realised I'm not really moaning, but more, instructing.

Hello, and welcome to totse.info

I've been looking at the new posts section recently, and have noticed that a few old threads have been bumped with out a need to. It's great you want to contribute, and I enthuse you to post more, but remember, if no one has posted in that thread for about two weeks, there isn't much point in sparking up more conversation. If you have something to say that relates to the thread, you could try making your own thread. Bumping old threads annoys some people, as it means that conversation isn't moving on, and instead is getting stuck in the same place. I know we encourage that "If you have something relevant to say, then post" But it'd probably be more efficient to just make your own thread.

So remember; check the date of the previous post, before you decide to post yourself. And if you're not sure, just click the 'New Posts' button at the top. :D

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    ^That, check the date.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    are you telling people how to post?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    No, he is asking people not to necro bump old post.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    are you telling people how to post?

No no, I'm not saying "DON'T SAY THIS, ONLY SAY THIS, SUCK MODS PENIS!" I'm only saying what I feel is best for old threads. I don't really see the point in bumping old threads after the conversation has died; but if you feel you have a counter-argument, I'd gladly hear it.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I see no problem in necroing old threads if you have something legitimate to add to the conversation. If there is, say, a guide or discussion on something and you have a valid point then I personally do not have a problem with it.

If it's on topic, of course.
    edited October 2011
    I agree with Remade but feel it is important to add that if all a user is doing is popping a one liner then necro bumping is uncalled for.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I see no problem in necroing old threads if you have something legitimate to add to the conversation. If there is, say, a guide or discussion on something and you have a valid point then I personally do not have a problem with it.

If it's on topic, of course.

I totally agree with that, and it's something I should have said in this, really.

But a thread I saw bumped was "i think i got caught wanking" That doesn't really seem like a thread where it'd have a lot of legitimate conversation, and doesn't need to be bumped.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    haha. lol. +1

</sarcasm>
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2011
    I can soundly agree with this idea. There is no need to necro a thread if the conversation as died unless you have something substantial to add to it. One liners and +1 for necro bumping is unnecessary.
  • edited October 2011
    NOPE.

If you want imageboard features where old threads are killed off never to be heard from again to make way for new threads on the same topic then make an imageboard.

I hear thats what the cool kids are doing nowadays anyway.
    edited October 2011
    Shut up Spectral.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I totally agree with that, and it's something I should have said in this, really.

But a thread I saw bumped was "i think i got caught wanking" That doesn't really seem like a thread where it'd have a lot of legitimate conversation, and doesn't need to be bumped.

...basically, yeah. A lot ventured and nothing gained sort-of thing.
  • MadHatterMadHatter Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2011
    I don't write the code for this bulletin board. Sorry, but I'm gonna post in threads that I read. Meh.