I woke up today, feeling depressed.

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited October 2011 in Life
I woke up this morning and I just felt depressed. I wasn't sure why, or what was contributing to it, I just felt like something was missing. I have no idea what's going on.

My friend says it might be because I'm trying to diet it, and maybe my body and mind was a bit in shock from the lesser food I'm intaking. Anyone else had this, or know what it is?

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    I know what it is: Everything is broken.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    I get this when it rains for long periods of time. Something just seems sad about it.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    ^ It's been pretty sunny here.
  • edited October 2011
    Might actually be something to do with the diet, actually. If you've cut down on a lot of sugar or something then that can make you feel like shit until it balances out again.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Could be the diet. Try a few sit ups or just going outside. Sometimes that helps. Failing that, a fuckload of good music and mates :)
  • edited October 2011
    I just got back from a good hour's walk in the fresh air, and feeling pretty good about myself right now - quite content :) Just sat down to a monster sausage-sandwich and a beer, as well as getting back to my regular daily rounds on totse. Feelsgoodman.jpg
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    ^ I'll give that a try soon. I'll whip out my ol' tunes and take a stroll.
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah, it's good. I didn't even take my iPod, I just walked around and listened to the sounds of the city I guess :thumbsup: Just for kicks, I've been walking a different way every time I go out and I've been finding my way around pretty well. I never realised that there were so many different ways to get to places, and I'm glad I've been taking regular walks just because it's good to get out. I found myself walking down a motorway today though, that wasn't good :D Fucking pavement ran out and I had to carry on as I swear some weirdo was following me :facepalm: Paranoia eh.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited October 2011
    don't bother eating less, you'll just gain it back because your body metabolism is low...eat regular and just exercise
  • edited October 2011
    ^ Yeah, that as well, for sure. A lot of people I've seen dieting have just stopped eating, got a shitty metabolism as a result and then put all the weight back on as soon as they eat a cheese sandwich or something stupid. Eat regularly, eat healthily and keep up the exercise :)
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited October 2011
    don't forget to get some vitamin d...helps with depression as well..
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited October 2011
    I just felt like something was missing.

It's probably this, maybe there's something you're not getting into your body anymore, since you are on a new diet...
    edited October 2011
    I know it might be the diet, but even for a fat guy, I won't get depressed if I can't eat. I just get agitated. I guess it might have something to do with this hot woman I've started getting in contact with. I've realized I really like being around her, but when I'm not, I feel kinda lonely. Not like I need her, but I just need someone. I think, anyway.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited October 2011
    I felt the same way and it started about 3 weeks back.
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited October 2011
    I know it might be the diet, but even for a fat guy, I won't get depressed if I can't eat. I just get agitated. I guess it might have something to do with this hot woman I've started getting in contact with. I've realized I really like being around her, but when I'm not, I feel kinda lonely. Not like I need her, but I just need someone. I think, anyway.

Well it's been a couple of days, do you still feel depressed? And also, when you were feeling depressed, what kind of thoughts were you having?