Fisherman Nabs Cyclops Shark

juggjugg Regular
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
lol what the shit...

"
This is extremely rare," said shark expert Felipe Galvan Magana. "As far as I know, less than 50 examples of an abnormality like this have been recorded.

846502-6-20111018014200.jpeg

SOURCE

Comments

• dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited October 2011
    I think I have found his twin.
    01.gif

I have heard of sharks like that, quite a % of sharks are born deformed. The mother or the other young sharks normally eat them. It is as much a survival thing for them - with the weak around, it attracts more predators.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    That looks like Mike from Monsters Inc!! Hahaha, that's so funny.

I'd love to catch some weird shit like that.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    I was looking at the pic and wondering where have I seen that eye before. Yup, it is Mike alright.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited October 2011
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    That....is quite something. Doesn't look real (not saying it's fake) but damn would I be freaked if I caught that thing. Wonder is there is anything in the Gulf of California which is messing the fish up? Or if it's a one-off?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited October 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    That....is quite something. Doesn't look real (not saying it's fake) but damn would I be freaked if I caught that thing. Wonder is there is anything in the Gulf of California which is messing the fish up? Or if it's a one-off?

Lots of wild things are born deformed but they are at a disadvantage - if their deformity gave them an advantage with a gene they could and did pass on, it would be evolution.

Mother nature does not know all, she just tries everything enough so that when it works, it really works.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Lots of wild things are born deformed but they are at a disadvantage - if their deformity gave them an advantage with a gene they could and did pass on, it would be evolution.

Mother nature does not know all, she just tries everything enough so that when it works, it really works.

True dat. Found this the other day, too, talking about evolution.
    hJeCUPkdsqunCOHL3EYAslsuYLhfPgXDeF67.jpg