Smoking Tobacco

BurnBurn Regular
edited November 2011 in Life
Do you smoke? Did you smoke, and then quit?

What is your favourite brand?

Also, I dunno if the poll will work, it's my first time making one.

EDIT: Poll worked:thumbsup:

Comments

• edited November 2011
    No, No and none.

My body is a temple sir.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    My normal brand of roll your own tobacco is Port Royal.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited November 2011
    Forgot to mention, I pretty much only smoke Winfield Blue. Tailors, usually.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited November 2011
    I enjoy a good cigar or pipe full of tobacco every now and then, but nowhere close to regular habit.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    Drum or Drum mild
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited November 2011
    ummm peter jackson gold taylors, but I usually roll my own. Usually champion red or gold.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    I've rolled my own most of my life. Almost exclusively Golden Virginia.
  • edited November 2011
    Up until about a week or two ago, I've been having the occasional smoke whenever someone offered me one. Gonna stop that altogether though, just because.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    I am currently trying to quit with VA supplied nicotine gum. While I have cut down to less than a pack per day from two packs I have still not kicked this shitty habit.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    I smoke Marb red 100s. I probably should quit, but every time I try, something extra stressful happens: like an ice storm followed by a 5 day power failure with sub freezing temperatures, along with helping to load trailers at work by flashlight.
  • edited November 2011
    Lol, I bought some cheap cigars the other day. Much prefer them to smoking cigarettes though, and you can really feel your lungs thanking you afterwards.
    edited November 2011
    Hey Trx you know you are not really supposed to inhale a cigar right?
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited November 2011
    Yeah the thing with cigars is that you're supposed to savor the flavor in your mouth. You will probably inhale a slight amount anyways just as a natural course and that's generally enough to sedate you anyhow, but purposely inhaling the whole thing can really mess up your lungs.

I really can't recommend a good wooden pipe enough if you enjoy tobacco flavor, cigars in my experience just can't compete and that's no slight because I enjoy cigars too. Something about smoking it out of a pipe really sends the flavor across your tongue and all through your mouth while doing what tobacco is supposed to do - calm you down. As if that wasn't enough, you'll have a great flavor wafting through the air, too. Nonsmokers even seem to enjoy that part. I'll shut up before I launch into a rant about pipes falling out of style for no good reason, but for your consideration. ^^^
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited November 2011
    I have the occasional smoke when I go out with friends, so I just put yes.
  • edited November 2011
    Hey Trx you know you are not really supposed to inhale a cigar right?

Hence my lungs thanking me... :thumbsup:
    edited November 2011
    I inhaled a whole cigar once, not one of those mini ones either. I felt pretty fucked by the end of it, kinda like being stoned
    edited November 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Hence my lungs thanking me... :thumbsup:

Ah well, live and learn eh bro?
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    I have a cigarette every now and then when I'm having a bad day. I've always gotten Marlboro Reds, I don't like smoking cigarettes enough to experiment with all the brands. I've smoked a couple of cigars too but I feel like they take too long too smoke. The best one I've tried was a honey Corona, it tasted really sweet. :thumbsup:
    edited November 2011
    if your smoking cigarettes only every now and again they will start going stale and taste bad, its more that they dry out more than anything. keeping then in the sealed container should help.

just a tip