Connecting With the Dream

DfgDfg Admin
edited November 2011 in Life
I slept a bit late today and woke up around 5:31 AM and then went to sleep again. While in my REM phase I started dreaming about some store. Now, obviously most of the details would be furnished or altered by my brain when I am retelling this but you will get the core concept. Here I am flirting with two girls on the market, from their clothes I think they're sales girls and I am discussing about tea or coffee or some other crap and all of a sudden I see outside that there are fast moving clouds just moving away, and I feel a certain joy inside my heart, imagine as if you're a little boy and you had your first present. I felt like that and I venture close to the market door (basically I think the whole front panel was glass). And then BOOOM!, lightning strikes the transformer which is close to the main road.

Everyone is in shock, and then I see a rapid succession of strikes, killing anyone who is in the open, naturally, I back off and tell everyone to stay back and at the same time, I feel a certain urge to hide away and I can literally sense that deep inside I am calling out to ALLAH and my other side is ignoring it, the strikes die down and then a small tornado touches down in the middle of the road and starts circling around and trying to find more people and this point, I get away from the group and sense that this whole scene was meant for me, the tornado was just looking for me, it comes directly at me and since I am under cover it can't get in but it starts to act like a vacuum and I start lose ground, people alongside me grab my hands and in that instant when I am close to being snatched away, I start confession my fear to ALLAH, saying that I was wrong and BANG!

I wake up with my heart thumbing and I hear the prayers in the morning. Now, at this point I am badly confused, like what the hell it happened. So, I tried to rethink everything and I decided it's best to keep the dream alive and really focus on things. So, instead of running out of my bed and humping the rag, I went back into a mild sleep and focused on the dream. I started finding issues with it, A) the lightning strikes were fake, I didn't see the usually blinding effect and I didn't hear the booom, basically it felt it came from somewhere far away. B) The tornado acted strangely, running in circles and then coming to find me and that point the outer core seemed like to be made of steel or something.

After coming to terms with that, I just focused on rehanging the dream, so when the tornado comes to get me, I have a gun and I fire shots at it and it disappears. And nothing happens. But something did happen, a seed in my mind which started to flex its root deep inside me. I started thinking about religion and the entities and I thought to myself that maybe I am going at this the wrong way. It could be a coincidence that I had the same dream at a time when there are prayers outside. This is actually the second time this has happened in my life.

So, obviously it had to mean something. Unlike most Pakistani's I try to logically think things, so let's assume that for some reason ALLAH was trying to guide me home with this simple dream and it was a life line by him to me or it could be due to stress and so many other problems. But then I thought wait a minute, I might be going the wrong way after all. In the past I was pretty much denying everything, maybe I should just agree regarding the entities and find a way to contact them or be at peace with them.

What things means is, I am not going to smash my head or walk on fire but I will find a way to connect with the higher being or the one entity in my own way. Sorry if this is a bit long (it really isn't) but I wanted to share my thoughts and doubts.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited November 2011
    It's Eid Al-Adha in the Muslim world. You're probably over-stimulated by all the extra religiosity.

Maybe it was something you ate, who knows....In any case, i don't want to hinder your spiritual awakening or whatever the fuck it is, check out the The Analects of Confucius - I've been reading it and it's nice enough.

A lot of people have these moments, most outgrow it. Frankly Dfg there's no Intelligent designer , look outside, you live in Pakistan - you know what i mean.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    It's Eid Al-Adha in the Muslim world. You're probably over-stimulated by all the extra religiosity.

Maybe it was something you ate, who knows....In any case, i don't want to hinder your spiritual awakening or whatever the fuck it is, check out the The Analects of Confucius - I've been reading it and it's nice enough.

A lot of people have these moments, most outgrow it. Frankly Dfg there's no Intelligent designer , look outside, you live in Pakistan - you know what i mean.

I chuckled, I will read the book and I think I pin pointed the religious problem, I was talking to someone idiot and I used ALLAH reference and there was some other moments as well. Thanks
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    This dream was probably triggered by the prayer speakers and the guilt that all organized religions instill in minds while they are young and impressionable. Perhaps you have done something lately that you feel is not honorable or even underhanded in your dealings with someone and this was your subconscious sending you a message via the imagery that was planted there when you were a child by Islam. Had you been raised a christian you very well may have called out to Jesus rather than Allah as a representation of your higher self which is the true god in all of us.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I'd go with what TDR said, and the fact it's Allah season in the Muslim world (well, when is it not Allah season? But I digress). The things we see in our waking lives do have an impact on our dreams (I had a mad vivid dream last night based on Payday: The Heist after playing for a few hours). Trust your inner God. Your true god. No reason to be afraid, and it's all in your head - even the God concept.