Grilled Cheese Roast Beef Sandwiches

juggjugg Regular
edited November 2011 in Life
I made this for dinner, and It was good.

Ingredients:
10 slices Italian bread
2 Tablespoons butter, softened (for buttering bread)
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard
5 slices Provolone cheese
15 thin slices cooked deli roast beef
1 package frozen French fries

Directions:
1. Bake French fries according to package directions.
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread. These will be the outside pieces of each sandwich. Place bread buttered side down on a baking pan and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the chilies, mayonnaise and mustard.
4. Spread about 1 Tablespoon of the mixture on one (unbuttered) side of each slice of bread.
5. Top one (unbuttered) side of each of five slices of bread with 1 slice of Provolone cheese and 3 slices of beef.
6. Top each sandwich with remaining bread slices.
7. In a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve with French fries. Makes 5 servings.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Surprisingly enough the chilies didn't make it very hot.[/FONT]

Comments

• jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    i have worked in some of the best restaurants in australia and eaten at the best restaurants in japan, england and france ... and nothing and i mean NOTHING beats a properly executed toasted ham and cheese sandwich
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited November 2011
    All I can really say is: Hubba Hubba

I can't wait to try this.