Being Aesthetic

edited November 2011 in Life
I live in Zyzz's hometown and it is an environment that is highly encouraging of aesthetics.

If i lived in some cold place where your shirt never came off and there wasnt sweet outdoor activites around the place or giant party festivals every month of the year I would not be motivated nor would i even be aware of the aesthetic lifestyle.

Seriously lifting heavy and working out hard has given me focus, energy and confidence in all areas of my life - I cannot reccomend it enough.

Pls no jelly hating in this thread. I can give aesthetic advice and other brotips to those who seek them.

Comments

• SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited November 2011
    Personally I believe your motivation is coming from a less than productive source. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look good or have a healthy lifetstyle, but I think there is something wrong with adopting the means to get "aesthetic" results. In my opinion topical remedies solve topical problems, instead try not giving a fuck what people think in the first place, then work out if YOU want to for YOURSELF. I hope your new found "focus, energy and confidence" has been reaped in the process of trying to look good rather than from the results
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I'd say screw aesthetics - go for personal reasons. Sure, if you enjoy staring at yourself in the mirror them there's no problem in it. However it's possible to be strong, muscley and ripped without making a big deal of it.
    Bloody Zyzz. Was never a fan of that 'roid freak. I like my 6 pack and bri/triceps as they are.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited November 2011
    Yea, personal reasons are the best reasons bro.

Don't conform to the way society wants you to be, man.

Not quite sure why I said that, it seemed really funny in my head but after reading it over, it seems stupid.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    Any excuse for exercise is a good one! The world is getting fatter and it's killing people! Run, swim, lift weights, fuck frequently what ever just get up off that couch and move!
  • edited November 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    Any excuse for exercise is a good one! The world is getting fatter and it's killing people! Run, swim, lift weights, fuck frequently what ever just get up off that couch and move!

Thats the attitude.

You dont get aesthetic without being fit - unless your on roids or something.

I am doing it for personal reasons, for my satisfaction, for my pleasure. It is a highly vain and hedonistic thing to indulge in - but it happens to have positive lifestyle benefits.

What a deal!
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    I started running every morning two years ago ... i wasnt fat at all just outta shape when i started and i found it difficult to get around the block ... but now i am completely confident that at a drop of a hat day or night i could run 10km+ ... its a fantastic feeling being fit everything is easier, you're happier, more alert and i find on those really long runs that i deal with stuff without really thinking about it ... plus i look good ... ive been going to a gym lately to bulk up my upper body ... no roids or supplements or any of that un-natural crap that cost a fortune just a healthy diet and a bit of effort
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited November 2011
    I need to start running but I lack motivation. I worked out everyday except for Sunday for like 4 months and I felt so great but I got lazy and haven't really had time lately. I lost most of the muscle I gained. I need to start again.