Working out in the morning

blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
edited November 2011 in Life
So I've been told that it is optimal to workout first thing in the morning, yet whenever I try to do this I alwyas feel sick. Maybe if I keep at it I'll eventually adjust to it? Suggestions?

Comments

• juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    You have to follow your body. If working out in the morning doesn't work for you then don't do it.

Do you eat to close to working out. Are you going to bed early enough. The best thing to do is keep a journal of what you eat and what your are doing. That way there might be something during the day that your doing and not noticing thats effecting your mornings. Its a good idea to keep a workout journal anyways to track what you eat and track your workouts from week to week.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited November 2011
    Just grit your teeth and stick with it for awhile. You'll get over it if you keep at it. I'm not sure I buy into the "optimal" theory necessarily, I find my body's "power curve" doesn't really peak out until it hits the afternoon but I work out in the mornings anyhow due to time constraints. Protein and recarb when you're done to make it easier to go back the next day, aside from the gain benefits.
  • edited November 2011
    I really dont think that theres the one optimal workout routine that suits everyone.

Focus on what your body needs.