List some great PS3 games.

edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I'm considering getting a PS3 and I want to know what I'm letting myself into. I know there have been some awesome games released in the past, but I haven't played many of them due to only having access to a PS3 at my mate's house. This is where you all come in;

I want you to list as many great PS3 games as you can. Tell me what to buy, tell me why I should buy it.

Also, remind yourselves that this is a PS3 games thread, not some lame console war. I don't give a shit about Xbox, I want to know about PS3 :thumbsup: Anyway, go go go.

Comments

• kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited November 2011
    HEavy Rain is supposed to be aesome, GT5 is great fun not as good as 4 though. Then you have Little Big Planet.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited November 2011
    The Uncharted series is PS3 exclusive. I myself have never played it, but I've heard some pretty good things. But apart from PS3 exclusives I think getting a console is pointless, unless you really, REALLY want to play one of those exclusives.
  • edited November 2011
    OK, so far we have got;

Heavy Rain
    Gran Turismo
    Little Big Planet
    Uncharted

Keep them coming, I'm getting some ideas myself as well.
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited November 2011
    Heavy rain for sure, but I never found any replay value in it so get it cheap (i.e. used) if you can.

Black Ops (Not PS3 exclusive but whatevs)
    Demons Souls
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Dead Space (not that scary but a good game overall)
    Dragon Age (if youre into RPGs this ones a must I think, as well as Skyrim when it comes out)
    Batman Arkham asylum
    Shadow of the Colossus was just remade, I got the PS2 version but the PS3 one should be just as awesome.

Thats all off the top of my head, but theres also a bunch of PSN games you can get, including a long list of PS one classics like the old Final Fantasy games (FF7-9 and tactics), origional MGS, crash Bandicoot, first silent gill and Resident Evil games, etc etc.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited November 2011
    Definitely Demon's Souls.
    Definitely has replay value, imho, and you can usually get it for under $20.
    God of War was a solid series. Still haven't played the third installment, but it looks spectacular.
    MAG was a damn fun shooter. Dunno if the community is still active or not.

For me, not needing to pay two subscription fees to use netflix was a pretty fucking big incentive in itself.
    Never used xbl enough to warrant the subscription just to watch movies.
  • edited November 2011
    Metal Gear Solid is one on my list of games which I'll definitely make an effort to get a hold of. Demons Souls and God of War are games I can get for free from my friends, which is handy :D

Has anyone played Killzone and what's it like?
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited November 2011
    Never played Killzone.
    Just remember that it was hailed as a "Halo killer" and fell short of that.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    I dont have a ps3

I have a xbox but I just read a review about [h=2]The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection [/h]
    It got a 9.75 out of ten, and I have found that the reviews are pretty fair.

Also I have heard allot about the god of war franchise.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I remember Killzone being awesome :D Medal of Honor Airborne is brilliant (dont get Medal of Honor Tier 1, its aweful), and also Resistance games are very good also. Resistance: Fall of Man was really really great, the 2nd one was good and I havent played the 3rd one.

Battlefield 3 is the game to get right now, as it looks like a cracker!! :)
  • edited November 2011
    Take it to PM's or make a thread about it, don't flood my thread with arguments.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I've got a good diea as to what to buy now when I get my console :D Looking forward to it!