I just drank a bottle of Mountain Dew...

edited November 2011 in Life
... and I haven't had anything with caffiene in for a long while. Feels weird to get such a buzz from a single drink! Basically I cut down on caffiene quite a lot, I haven't had a cup of coffee for as long as I remember. This small bottle (500ml) of Mountain Dew has got me buzzed :thumbsup:

So, just for discussion purposes - what's the most amount of caffiene you've consumed in one sitting, and what was it like? What was the COMEDOWN like? Ouch...

Comments

• angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited November 2011
    If I drink too much coffee I get panic attacks.
    This is Karma kicking in for selling caffeine tabs to high school kids and telling them it was speed.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    C affine only makes me piss.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    caffeine doesn't have any effect on me at all unless I drink a strong coffee at night, it'll keep me awake for an hour or so.
  • xbcnfujvxbcnfujv Regular
    edited November 2011
    i'm officially done with soda.

it's been four months since the last time i drank any.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    I ate a whole pack of no doz about 15 years ago. I think there were 12 pills. I think each pill was equal to 2 cups of coffee. I went to a all night rave the night before. Got out of the club around 7am went home to sleep but my dad was being a dick hole and kept on waking me up. I got zero sleep and had to be at work at 12 in the afternoon. I was a usher in a movie theater. I just had to sweep etc.. nothing hard, but I was fucking bushed.

I had no doz I said fuck it and took all of them . My stomach hurt like a bitch, and I set a world record time in cleaning a movie theater. About an hour later I hid in the bathroom and slept for about three hours. Woke up and went back to work.

I used to take mini-thins by the hand fulls when they had ephedrine in them. That was fun too. Your nose would start running and you were going a hundred miles an hour. The fucking gas stations used to sell them untill some college kids fucked that up and o.d. on them
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    Sometimes I'll have a fucking real bad headache around lunch time for no reason. Then I'll realize I forgot to drink coffee ... I'm addicted to it worse than smokes some thimes I'll go days without smoking and not really notice but coffee!!! That monkey will remind me straight away if I don't indulge in it
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I cant say it actually makes a difference with me, no matter how many energy drinks I have!!! I had a Lucoszade tablet once, and that didnt do anything either.
  • edited November 2011
    ^ Those glucose tablets really fucked me up once, I was in high school and friends with a diabetic who carried a lot of those Lucozade tablets around. One day they had brought too many packets into school, so I got a bunch of them for free. I ripped open the packets, ate them all within a few minutes and started getting a buzz fairly soon after. About 30 minutes later, that shit had set in. I mean REALLY set in. I couldn't stop moving, I was twitching and shaking for most of the day and the comedown was HORRIFIC, I felt like fucking death until my sugar levels went back to normal. If that's what diabetes feels like then count me out, I don't want none 'a that shit!
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited November 2011
    Is that why you always drank water when you came round my house? Makes sense now :D

I might try this starting on Monday.
  • edited November 2011
    Yup, you'll often see me choose water over something fizzy/sugary/caffeiney :) In fact, the only time I'll drink a fizzy drink is when I'm mixing it with Vodka, or on very odd occasions such as when I posted this thread :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Coffee doesn't work on me, I love tea. I am tolerate when it comes ot Caffein for some reason, I avoid energy drinks as well.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited November 2011
    i loe the cocain energy drink

the relentless energy drink makes me wired and hurts my chest

coffe makes me want to shit

i get headachs when i dont have pop for awile

my friend drink 20 monsters ( couple of the big ones as well) on a long drive when we got back he tryied drinking a small amount of vodka and instatly puked
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited November 2011
    It's weird: when I take a b-complex vit, I get basically the same thing.

Honestly, I feel like having done amps makes me more susceptible to the effects.

Not only that, but my movements--while few-- will be really jerky; and it'll always seem like I'm glaring.

Probably cause they give you bad posture...feels like it anyway...
  • edited November 2011
    I used to drink a lot of Relentless Inferno, my favorite one. I'd have it every day at lunch in the summer time, when me and Professor Elm would walk down to the shop and buy a can each and sit down to drink it in the heat. Great way to cool off, and it often perked me up for the afternoon (by which time I'd usually be tired as fuck). One day, I went to Alton Towers with a few people and on the way we stopped off at a service station to get something to eat. I bought a can of Relentless Inferno with my food and after drinking it, felt totally shit. I was wired... Too wired. I was a bit jittery, feeling very uneasy. My stomach felt terrible too, and I went and blasted out a massive shit in the toilet.

Ever since then, I've cut back on caffeine / fizzy drinks, and I've been Relentless free for a good few months!

"Hi, I'm Trx100, I'm a recovering caffeine addict..."
    C/O
    edited November 2011
    i drink 2 realy big cans of bokoo once and my legs felt numb i just picked up 2 cans of playboy energy drink 2/1.00 thats a great tasting drink

orange monster is my fav morning drink
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    When I was doing my A levels, all I used to drink was Emerge from Asda's :D

I tried Mountain Dew for the first time today actually, was really awesome!!
  • edited November 2011
    I'm guessing you tried the "Energy" version, right? That's the UK stuff, not nearly as good as the original. My favorite one is definitely Voltage, incredible stuff! If you can get your hands on some, I highly recommend it.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited November 2011
    I know how this must have felt. I'm really caffeine sensitive, if I drink even a small bottle of Coke late at night I won't be able to fall asleep until a few hours later.

One time I made the mistake of drinking a bottle of Redline from GNC - the pre-mixed stuff ready to go as-is. It's nothing like "energy drinks" you get from the grocery store, this shit gives you the jitters and quite frankly half makes you wonder when your heart is going to explode.
    edited November 2011
    voltagedoes the same thing to me as normal pop which isent much
  • FriggenDaneFriggenDane Semo-Regulars
    edited November 2011
    I've been drinking mountain dew consistently for years. I can drink 2 liters and be as calm as ever.
  • edited November 2011
    What happens to you when you don't drink it? Do you notice any caffiene withdrawal symptoms?
    edited November 2011
    yeah pop dosent doany thing to meciv been drinking it for ever im addicted to the taste and not the caffien

because a couple days with out it and my head kills me but i can drink caffien free pop like faygo or normal cafien pop an d the headach goes away