Funny Email from campus:

SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator-__-
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
look at what just poped up in my inbox:
bold is mine
Dear Students,

As the Spring days get warmer, please remember that the University’s campuses and surrounding landscape are home to several species of snakes. If you see a snake LEAVE IT ALONE - DO NOT APPROACH the snake or try to catch, or kill the snake.

If the snake is across your path, wait for it to move away. If the snake is in a location where it is likely to pose a risk to other people (i.e. near a building), tell those in the immediate vicinity that the snake is there and phone Campus Safety and Security on XXXX-XXXX. Tell the Security Officer where and when you saw the snake and any other information that may be relevant.

Remember, snakes are protected animals and are an important part of the bushland ecosystem.

Regards

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited November 2011
    In hindsight maybe it's not that funny. Probably just my "from the suburbs" mentality.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    Be nice to snakes?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Wait, the snakes won't give a fuck about you, I mean they will attack you nonetheless.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Wait, the snakes won't give a fuck about you, I mean they will attack you nonetheless.

Especially if its a trouser snake ;)
    The "erectus trouserous" or otherwise commonly referred to as "trouser snake" is the worlds MOST dangerous snake. It is fang less, the average length is 5-6 inches, although some are said to reach 8 inches. Colors vary from pink to black. It usually attacks women in the mouth or lower abdominal area. Its highly venomous spit can cause swelling that lasts about 9 months. Some species are also known to attack men from behind.

• Chris HansenChris Hansen Regular
    edited November 2011
    Dfg wrote: »

This. I believe if an animal will attack you under certain circumstances you should be able to attack it if it poses a threat.

Fuck snakes bro. Then niggas be crazy.