The winnest nachos

xxombiexxombie Regular
edited November 2011 in Life
After watching Man vs. Food with my buddy and my boyfriend, I've been challenged to make The Best Nachos. Each component has to be the best it can be, here's was I'm thinking.

The base is important. I was thinking of frying tortillas to make my own chips, but I find as soon as those cool they go real hard, and I'm making an epic amount. So regular tortilla chips it going to have to cut it I think.

Meat is a harder choice then I thought. Ground beef is far too predictable. I was thinking doing steak strips and shredded BBQ chicken.

As for cheese, I think I'm gunna make basically a fondue and pour that shit on top.

I guess some veggies have to go on. Red and greed peppers, jalapenos and red onion and garlic, pre-fried with some yummyness.

And of course, guacomoli with tomato and sour cream, topped with chopped green onions.

How can this be more win?

Comments

• imoscardotcomimoscardotcom Acolyte
    edited November 2011
    Olives or beans/some type of bean paste perhaps? Assuming you like those things of course.

Also first post here. :waves:

edit: Oh and some shredded/chopped lettuce if you want something to balance out all the fat, salt and grease.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Olives or beans/some type of bean paste perhaps? Assuming you like those things of course.

edit: Oh and some shredded/chopped lettuce if you want something to balance out all the fat, salt and grease.

Welcome to Totse mate :)

Aye, xxombie all of that sounds absolutely divine! I wish I could help with suggestions, but I have no culinary skill whatsoever lol
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    Rather than frying the peppers etc, consider roasting them. Less greasy and more tasty.
  • imoscardotcomimoscardotcom Acolyte
    edited November 2011
    Welcome to Totse mate :)

Thanks. :hai: I've actually been lurking here a while (and with increasing frequency lately). Figured it was time to finally try and contribute something, when I have something contributable. :D
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    Do an introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself, oh and welcome.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    Black beans and black olives are missing.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    mozzarella cheese to get those long stringy bits of cheese when you pull a chip from the nachos.
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited November 2011

Hi thar noob.

You're absolutely right, three things I can't believe I forgot. Re-fried beans are an absolute must, will probably go with the canned version. Shredded lettuce, also a must. Shredded romaine should do? Oooh, maybe some fresh green herbs. Cilantro? I fucking love olives, boyfriend does not. He's more of a picky eater though, I bet if I mushed 'em into a tempenade he wouldn't even notice them, he'd just be like "yum this brown salty paste is awesome lololololol".
    chippy wrote: »
    Rather than frying the peppers etc, consider roasting them. Less greasy and more tasty.
    You're right. Winning. New addition, roasted corn on the cob.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited November 2011
    That's a great adjective you have there.

Are you the women who looks like a dyke ? If you are, you're hot in a kinda dirty way.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    I don't think it's the real xxombie. :o

You should buy some expensive cheese for them. Also bacon wouldn't hurt. :thumbsup: