While sitting in the Mental Health department I noticed something strange

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So there I was, in a pretty sterile room, surrounded by people of all shapes and heights, a few looking nervously around the room and others wanting to get a drink from the machine. I felt like I was the most "normal" there, but even if I said that, it's like shouting out "I'M INNOCENT!" in a jail.

I sipped my water and looked on the coffee table next to me, to see magazines like these...
1901now.jpg

img0279ji.jpg

Now I'm not the sort to think too much in depth, but why would you put these sorts of magazines in a Mental health clinic? (as well as other places I have seen them like Doctors, Hospitals, and other waiting rooms) because if I had an entire pinboard dedicated to these stories about disfigurement, rape, weight gain and the like, I'd probably be sectioned. It's fucking mental. Who reads these things? I know they are aimed at Women, but if so then no wonder they are all so illogical. If I want my daily dose of rape I just fire up TOR. They read about it in public and then worry it's going to happen to them.

Strange.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Shitty mag covers, not enough tits and rape.

Aside from that, I think they get the mags for free because it's a great way to get more subscribers. Hell, you should totally get a printed out of copy of the magazine (***redacted***). I mean seriously.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I don't think they get them for free as they are widely available in shops so people or staff must drop them off there. It's frightening how many Women read that shit.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    What is more frightening is the amount of money the tabloids make off of ignorance.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited November 2011
    As the jobs there are mostly done by women, then you will find a lot of mags like that in the staff room in a pile, maybe some trashy romance books, shit like that. I have thought in the past of donating my copies of Land Rover Owner, Land Rover International, Practical Classics (I have years worth of back issues) along iwth other magazines and periodicals I bought on the fly because of one or two appealing articals.

However, as they would have come from an 'unknown' source I am sure some kind of infection control thing would be in place so they would have to be burned. This is the world in which we live.