Don't take too much Paracetamol! [News]

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited November 2011 in Man Cave
Anyone who does Cold water Extractions should know this anyway. I do wonder about morons who take paracetamol to cure a hangover and bomb them like skittles, although I swear Paracetamol (APAP in the USA) is useless.
Taking slightly too much paracetamol day after day can be fatal, experts have warned.

A dangerous dose might just be a few pills too many taken regularly over days, weeks or months, they said.

Researchers at Edinburgh University saw 161 cases of "staggered overdose" at its hospital over a six-year period.

Source.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    APAP (Tylenol) is bad news. I have stayed away from that shit for decades because of the way it works through your liver. Yet all the hospitals and doctors my whole life pushed the crap like it was the god of pain relief.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    It's a shitty painkiller. There are better over the counter painkillers out there.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    It's a shitty painkiller. There are better over the counter painkillers out there.

Hell, a couple of shots of Bushmills will do more for a headache than APAP.
  • edited November 2011
    I rarely have to take painkillers in the morning of a hangover, unless I wake up with a migraine and can't get back to sleep again (which is the only way I seem to be able to cure them). I'm certain my liver hates me for it, but I don't really drink that often and as long as I'm on the Vodka then I don't get a hangover the next morning :D
  • dibbsydibbsy New Arrival
    edited November 2011
    Yeah man ive knew that for a while.I never take paracetamol only if ive got a really sore head which is once in a blue moon i might take 1 but thats about it.