Permanently deleting your Facebook? Pretend to be dead.

edited November 2011 in Tech & Games
Sure, if you want to permanently remove your Facebook account you can do it quite easily providing you've got the correct page up on your screen, otherwise you'll find yourself merely "deactivating" the account for a temporary amount of time. Something which I noticed recently following the death of Georgia Varley is that Facebook actually remove your account if you're dead, which got me thinking.

Why not go out in style? Contact Facebook and notify them that your "son/daughter" has passed away following some kind of accident, and request for the account to be deleted. Want to troll your friends who are on holiday and not able to access Facebook for a good amount of time? Contact Facebook and tell them that THEY are dead, while getting a few people (or fake accounts) to post RIP messages all over the wall.

What I also thought about is the way in which they delete the accounts of the dead. I wonder if they're more thoroughly removed in comparison to accounts which have simply been requested for deletion... Hmm.

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    Is there some way to test this? Does anyone have a old FB account they don't use anymore? This is something I'd really like to try out.
  • edited October 2011
    Not currently, but when I get rid of my current account I'll definitely give it a shot :thumbsup: Of course, you could always create a new account and add some people, as well as making some legit looking posts etc. Takes more effort just for an experiment but at least we'd get a good result :D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I wondered about this, too. Although when I deactivated my account almost a year ago, people treated me as if I was a walking dead individual. Sad cunts.

Might give it a shot. People have been nagging me to "get facebook back" recently. Bah.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited November 2011
    I wonder what would happen if a shit load of people reported their accounts as deceased holders. Now that shit would be funny. Imagine the facebook statistics for the day. :D
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited November 2011
    wouldnt they need proof of the eath if not you could delete any bodies account any one you were mad at ex gf ect

i remember there being a website ether for myspace or face book that had dead people profiles on it
    edited November 2011
    wouldnt they need proof of the eath if not you could delete any bodies account any one you were mad at ex gf ect

i remember there being a website ether for myspace or face book that had dead people profiles on it
    My Death Space or something like that?
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited November 2011
    i think so http://mydeathspace.com/vb/content.php looks different havent seen it in 2 years
    edited November 2011
    i think so http://mydeathspace.com/vb/content.php looks different havent seen it in 2 years
    I haven't seen it in a couple of years either. I think they had a make over. :confused: It had a more dark gothic feel to it before. The skull and tombstone is definitely their sig though.