Getting out of the friend zone

(nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
edited December 2011 in Life
Alright,

I'm not even sure if I'm there already (hopefully not yet), but here's the story:

I work with this girl. I fell for her the first time I saw her but I didn't really let her know since I'm of position and she just started working with the company. Eventually I tried to get close to her but not to close. It's hard to explain, but hopefully you guys get what I mean. Then we had a company party and I had way too much of a drink. I might have said a couple of sappy things to her, hopefully nothing sexually aggressive.

I know she knows how I feel about her. But whenever I try to talk to her personally or try to ask her out, she would be 'doing something'. I don't really talk that much to her at work since I fear of rumours spreading out. I am a very secretive guy as you see. I do text her almost daily though it would just be short conversations since she's always 'doing something'.

I really like this girl. Hopefully I didn't screw this up. Not to mention I'm that awkward kind of guy.

Any advices?

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2011
    1. Find out who some of her favorite artists are.
    2. Buy two tickets to an appropriate nearby show.
    3. Tell you her you and a friend were going but your friends gerbil died and he is too upset to go and ask her if she would like his ticket.
    4. ???
    5. Profit.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited December 2011
    The best advice I can tell you is, be naughty not nice.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited December 2011
    whenever I try to talk to her personally or try to ask her out, she would be 'doing something'.

I think you have your answer right there. Looks like she's not interested dude. If there are no signals, don't waste your time. You'll only wind up either losing a friend or looking like an idiot.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    I think you have your answer right there. Looks like she's not interested dude. If there are no signals, don't waste your time. You'll only wind up either losing a friend or looking like an idiot.

I have to agree. If she was keen she would want to hang out if you asked her.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    chippy wrote: »

This. It's best not to flog a dead horse and be labelled a creep. You could leave it a while and see if she makes a move, but if not, then have a wank over her, realise the time vs effort factor and move on :)
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited December 2011
    The thing is she has hinted before but I was being too 'careful'.

Do girls have that ADD complex when it comes to guys?
    edited December 2011
    serious question. how old are you?
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    nameless1 wrote: »
    The thing is she has hinted before

Chances are, you read the signals wrong. She would say if she was interested.
    edited December 2011

I don't necessarily agree with that last part. Many people find it difficult to make the first move no matter what they feel out of fear of rejection.
    edited December 2011
    Rejection is a fucker, but after a few times of receiving it and dealing with it in different ways (some good, some not so good), I soon realised that the worst that person can say is "no". It may ruin your chances with them, but I'm the sort who is honest and expresses my feelings for a person no matter what they are.
    Maybe try that?
    edited December 2011
    I keep reading the title of this thread as Getting Out of the Fried Zone.
    edited December 2011

I dont know whats more difficult to get out of, the friend zone or the fried zone?
  • floatingeggfloatingegg Semo-Regulars
    edited December 2011
    She's either not interested or you haven't made your intentions clear enough. Some people are just oblivious.
  • shitfuckershitfucker New Arrival
    edited December 2011
    why the fuck would you become friends with a woman anyway? seriously this "friend zone" bullshit is fucking ridiculous because every other fag out there has this problem. who gives a fuck, go nail a different cunt. christ.
    edited December 2011
    shitfucker wrote: »
    why the fuck would you become friends with a woman anyway? seriously this "friend zone" bullshit is fucking ridiculous because every other fag out there has this problem. who gives a fuck, go nail a different cunt. christ.

because they might have hot friends :D
    edited December 2011
    Spinster wrote: »
    because they might have hot friends :D

Judging by that guys posts, I think he likes animals. Don't worry, I've already had to take action on one of his retarded posts.
    edited December 2011
    ah one of them shit hawks eh?
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited December 2011
    I sent him a warning in PM too.
    edited December 2011
    I sent him a message too...
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited December 2011
    Spinster wrote: »
    serious question. how old are you?
    Unfortunately, I'm 20.
    Possibly
    RemadE wrote: »
    Rejection is a fucker, but after a few times of receiving it and dealing with it in different ways (some good, some not so good), I soon realised that the worst that person can say is "no". It may ruin your chances with them, but I'm the sort who is honest and expresses my feelings for a person no matter what they are.
    Maybe try that?
    Yes, rejection is a bitch. Usually I won't care but there's just something about this girl.

And it's that same reason I guess why I tried to play the nice guy role. Unfortunately that didn't pan out. Hopefully it's not too late.
    I wish i was in the fried zone instead.
    She's either not interested or you haven't made your intentions clear enough. Some people are just oblivious.

It seems to me as though she's avoiding you. It might be because of disinterest or just awkwardness at the situation. In any case, the best step would just to be blunt. And if she doesn't like you, then just remember that there's nothing wrong with you, girls just tend to think of guys in the 'friend' zone as an older or younger brother.

Depends on the chick.

I don't know about avoiding but just recently she's been visiting me during breaks at work to say hi. Maybe I'm reading that wrong too. I did smoke a bowl with her on the weekend (I'm a quiet person when I'm stoned or drunk so I didn't really say much). She did mentioned that I put too much meanings on little things. Now that you think of it, what does it really mean? Let's just be friends or fuck with no attachment?

I guess I'm the oblivious one.