Does anyone donate plasma?

ThatfriedKidThatfriedKid Acolyte
edited December 2011 in Life
One of my ways to get some money when I'm broke is to donate plasma, but the pay is bullshit. $15 for my first time in the week and $20 my second time (since I weigh under 150 pounds). It's complete bullshit because they sell the bottles of plasma for a few hundred bucks to pharm companies and I don't even make $20 for having a fat ass needle shoved in my arm for an hour, along with the long ass wait with all the neighborhood crack heads and mentally ill. It's not bad your first few times you donate since they pay you a good amount of cash to get you to keep coming back, but damn does it suck when they start ripping you off on your payments.

So does anyone else donate? How much do you get for donating?

If nobody knows what donating plasma is I can update my post explaining the process.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2011
    Yes I have sold plasma. When they give you money it is not donating.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited December 2011
    I've donated before. Technically you can't "Sell" plasma, you donate it and they compensate you for your time. Talecris is/was having a thing where you get $75 for your first 2 donations, so thats why I started.
    edited December 2011
    You can paint a pig green and make it hop but that doesn't make it a frog. No matter how you paint it you are selling the plasma not donating it.
    edited December 2011
    I know, but when I started, I said I'd like to sell plasma, and they fed me that line of bs.
  • ThatfriedKidThatfriedKid Acolyte
    edited December 2011
    How much do you guys make off of a donation in your area? Other than being a first time donor.
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what the current prices are as I have not sold plasma in over 20 years but around '86 or '87 in Las Vegas i was getting $15 a pop.
    edited December 2011
    $20 for the first donation of the week and $35 for the second.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited December 2011
    I think it was around 20/35 each week.
    To be fair, I was 175 or so when I was going.
    Used to go with a group of friends.
    I could get there late, and always had more taken, yet I always got done before them.
    Buy one of these if you're going to do it.
    It's a gripmaster.
    Great if you play guitar. Handy if you need more gripping strength in general.
    It'll make your blood pump faster (the gripping motion).
    Never found myself able to read, and the employees freak out if you try to take a nap.
    Also, if you smoke, a post bleed out smoke is the best nicotine hit ever.
  • ThatfriedKidThatfriedKid Acolyte
    edited December 2011
    Ah it seems like everyone's plasma center pays out the same then. That's kind of what I was trying to see since I've only donated at this one place and wasn't sure what people were getting paid in different cities.

And I definitely agree, smoking a cigarette after donating is a necessity. Smoking a nice bowl afterwards is also pretty kick ass, you get straight blasted lol.
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard you get drunk pretty easily afterwords