Going to Meet My Parents

DfgDfg Admin
edited January 2012 in Life
It's been almost 2 months since I left home and it's been two weeks since I visited them, I was busy with work that I didn't have time and now I am going to meet them. I will share the full details when I come back. I placing this thread as a placeholder.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2012
    lol. inb4familyfued.

On a side note, don't you hate when your family bring over their little twerp kids and the wreck the place and eat everything?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    The Pakistani Prodigal Son!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    lol. inb4familyfued.

On a side note, don't you hate when your family bring over their little twerp kids and the wreck the place and eat everything?

I hate em. Srsly I do.
    RemadE wrote: »
    The Pakistani Prodigal Son!

lol, I actually am.

Well, it was a big emotional breakdown from my family side, mum crying, dad a bit sad and both trying to get me to stay with them but alas I had to part because I have to work and earn a living for their sake as well. It's a big sacrifice from my end for them but they're not taking note of it, Dad did tell me to get more social and get more connected with people, like go out and have fun etc. but I am a big different than others and I can't really connect with Pakistani's and the only fun I want is to party with my buddies on Totseans and for that, I have to bust my ass day and night and make everything that I touch successful.

But hey, again it's a small price to pay. Like always they do have some financial issues and hopefully I will be able to fix it, my family is a big cluster fuck and some times it seems I am the only sane person there but quite frankly I AM THE ONLY SANE person there, if someone did a psych test on them, I am sure all of them would be suffering from various syndrome's and trust me it's not easy to deal with a family like that but somehow I managed. But the private details are for the TS sessions :).

For the rest, like it or not, family is family. You can't just leave them behind, if I work hard I might be able to leave Pakistan soon but what about my family then, I am raised differently than most western men and I fully understand that I have full responsibilty of my parents and family. Regardless of what they treat me like, or what situations or stress I am put under, deep inside I know for a fact that I am there only hope. Hell, it's a bit hard to describe in words but in short, my mum and dad cry for me whenever they miss me and it hurts like a motherfucker, I know they understand but they still love me and I know I haven't been the best of sons in my life but I have vowed to make sure they get every comfort that I can provide them, my mum and dad raised a big family and although I was neglected to some degree but I am still their son.

Like I said I function differently and I love to help people for some reason :). They do have plans for me, not a day goes by without them thinking about me, moving was the best decision ever because whenever someone loves you too much they can't think logically, they will deny the facts. I moved out because without doing it.... things would take a turn for worse. I love my family, although I hate certain elements but whatever happens, I do love my mum and dad. If you're away from your family, I would suggest you call them or just show them some love, trust me they miss you, they might hate you for it but it's just their unexpressed love.

I am blessed with loving parents but their a willynilly in the heads but that's just part of life. Anyway, I will meet them on the next Sunday and hopefully I will be intouch with them on Skype from time to time.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited January 2012
    Why is this under sex and affection?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    Why is this under sex and affection?
    :facepalm:

Damn, sorry.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    ^^ Oedipus complex.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Blatantly! Freudian slip AND Oedipus complex.
    Damn Dfg ;) a double-hitter!

But in all honesty that does sound pretty hectic about meeting up with your Parents. I can understand their loss of a kid leaving the home (I mean, I got it bad enough when I went to University so Mum got a dog to replace me with, and so far she's done a good job at impersonating me - even trying to eat my stash), but anyway, regular contact helps. Just to let them know you're doing alright. Especially in a climate such as that of PK where anything, so we in the West hear, can happen.