So I get to have an ultra sound of my junk

ArkansanArkansan Regular
edited January 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I didn't know where to put this so if it needs moving I apologize. Any way, this Tuesday morning I get to go have an ultra sound of me nether regions. Oh the excitement. I have had a strange lump since last August and though it hasn't grown larger it has become a bit more firm, but it's really hard to tell, my PCP doesn't seem concerned really at all, he figures it will be what he terms "unusual geography" or perhaps the result of some minor tissue damage. In all honesty I am pretty damn nervous, though I will be amused if they tell me my balls are just lumpy. Any one else been here before? Thoughts, comments? On side note this whole thing has got me to really thinking about the whole health care mess, as with out insurance I full well expect to be paying this off for a good while.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    Be careful you don't void the factory warranty down there.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Ultrasounds are pretty safe, as opposed to X-Rays so you should be fine on that front. I have an ultrasound every few months to keep log of my gut lining. Just bear in mind it is cold gel.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited January 2012
    Yeah I'm cool with the actual ultra sound, I am just pretty nervous over what they might find, funny thing is neither my pcp of family are concerned at all.
  • edited January 2012
    Don't worry, at least not till you have a good reason to. I give you considerable respect for having the brains to bring it to the attention of your doc, you have passed a Darwinian test, of sorts. Is it right on one of your boys, or just your sack? If it is just under the skin it is likely a small cyst, basically a sealed over sweat gland that keeps producing oil till it forms a nice little lump. If it is on one of your nuts it still could be something minor, but if it is not, you might end up in the company of such great men as Napoleon, Hitler, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, all of whom went on to great things despite only having a ping and no pong.

C/O
    "No man, that's just a raisin stuck to your sack, seriously, you ask me questions like this way too often"
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    ^That and they're safe. Make sure to post the picture of it. Imagine having your balls on the Internet. Hell, I would make it my bot twitter background.
    edited January 2012
    Thanks culinaryoverlord, see the actual location of the thing is part of the debate, first examination the doctor thought it was just inside the sack but not on the equipment so to speak. Upon my second examination of it he thought, and I agree, that it was actually on the testicle itself, the right one precisely. As far as posting pics Dfg my wife would pitch a bitch otherwise I would make that shit my avatar or something. I have to be there at 7:00 am in the morning, so I guess it is at least a good excuse to miss my Tuesday classes. The worst part will be waiting on the radiologists examination of the images which could take a few days.
    edited January 2012
    Well they took the ultra sound at around 8 this morning, the results should be back from the radiologist in about two days. The guy actually conducting the thing said that he didn't see anything overtly dangerous, so no cancer it seems, he did find a cyst I was unaware of and the actual source of the complaint seems to be something along those lines as well. Needless to say I am breathing a whole lot easier.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    Sounds like good news :thumbsup:
    edited January 2012
    Damn good news :thumbsup: I had a lump in my neck once and had a whole week of paranoia before getting 2 medical opinions so can only imagine how you feel. Was the process dignified? I'm getting arse-cameras done soon so enjoying my last night of bum freedom. In a non homo way.
    Now recline and enjoy your normal balls :)
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    Maybe you are growing a third nut. If so you could make a mint on the late night talk show circuit.
    edited January 2012