Fuck Today

RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
edited January 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Not typically one to piss n moan on here, but today seemed to warrant a hearty rant.

Let me give you some background.

My best friend has been dating a dude for the past 2 months or so. He's a sack of shit. Not "i'm a nice guy, and he's mean!" sack of shit. No car. No job. No house. Alcoholic. Drug addict. Treats her like shit when he's either too fucked up or too sober. I've talked with her time and again about how unhealthy the situation is. I've tried to convey that she has no responsibility over this guy. She's lost damn good friends to this. She's broke because she's attempting to support two people on a part time, minimum wage job.

I've lost count of the number of times I've watched this happen. Cycles of "He's sweet, he's shit, he apologized and we're good." Told myself I wouldn't get involved anymore. Seen enough beatings, pregnancies, arrests, and broken shells of people that could've been prevented. People apparently don't like listening to me.

Regardless, I had a compulsion to get involved. Unfortunately, today, I hit the end of the line. I went over to her house to chat with her. Tried telling her that it wouldn't get better, that she's being used, etc. It came down to giving her two options. 1) Call him, tell him to get his shit and be done with him. 2) I leave and don't talk to me until you get your head on straight.

I was told to leave.

So, that sucks in and of itself. This gal means the world to me, and she's been in this enough to in theory have learned something. Getting to the point that I have to abandon her in hopes that it's a moment of clarity sucks a big dick.

However, that wasn't the end.

Another friend came over. Was gonna teach her how to change out her brake pads. Well, the lug nuts were frozen, and her ebrake got stuck. When we decided to go get food, my mom was parked behind me. She offered her truck up to go. We took off headed across town for tacos.

Fate had other plans. Some fuckshit pulled in front of me in an intersection (i was going straight, he was going left) and I crashed into him. So, there was a 3 hour ordeal. I wasn't at fault, but it was still enough damage to have to get a tow.

I suppose the silver lining was it was 3 hours I wasn't very concerned about bailing on my best friend.

If you'll all now excuse me. I'm going to get drunk.

Cheers.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    I am stuck in some what the same situation, I learned by now, that some people don't want your help and no matter how much you try to help them or get them moving they won't listen, some times in partly because of the company they keep, it's quite true in my case as well considering I am referring to Raven that asshole. Seriously, it's nice guys like us that get fucked in the end. I suggest you calculate the damages and move on, don't burn yourself over her. I am doing the same thing, I am actually quite good at this thanks to my years of dealing with crap, so, I can easily reboot my system and move on, I am always like this and I can change that but it's just my internal survivor that warns me it's time to leave.

If you must, keep a minimal contact with them and don't depend on them. I am doing the same thing, even though they get the BF access, I have started blocking out things and slowly doing damage control. So, like I said again, don't bother with them.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    @ Bot of youse guys, You can lead a horse to water but you can't get it drunk.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited January 2012
    Horses are fucking stupid.

I've dealt with it enough that I know how to do personal damage control. I'll get through it with a minimal effort just because it's who I've become. I've become largely unsympathetic towards these things, but this one managed to suck my ass in.

Doesn't change the fact that it makes for a shitty day, boys.

Thanks, by the way.
  • edited January 2012
    Well, at least you didn't pass it on. Some small satisfaction can be had at the end of a shit day if you can go to sleep knowing you didn't screw someone else to make up for your bad luck. I think we are at our worst when we feel we have been wronged by fate.

C/O
    "And beer tastes better when you're pissed off"
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2012
    A woman will always defend the guy who's fucking her. They regard it as akin to cheating if they don't. It makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint as well. She will stay with him until he gets bored of her, then she will think she asserted herself by leaving.

You're a fool to have gotten involved. I've never heard of an instance where this type of intervention has worked.

Sorry to hear about your vehicle.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Fuck that's shit news mate.
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, eve cops will tell you getting i between will just get bot parties to tur o you.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    ^^^ hands beaver a bunch of n's, looks like his keyboard ran out.
    edited January 2012
    Yeah my laptop keyboard is fucking up in just six moths
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    Yeah my laptop keyboard is fucking up in just six moths

Guess it's time for a decent upgrade. Asus Transformer X7
    edited January 2012
    Upgrade my ass I still have 18 months of warranty left on this one.