What are your favourite sweets?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited June 2012 in Life
I'm quite surprised there isn't already a thread for this as I did some searching.
The last few days I was at home, my Dad and I got to spend some time together and I found out that I must have inherited his sweet tooth as we both love these powder lollies you get here in the UK. In fact, I went into Town today and bought some giant ones at 35p each (small are 15p and next time I'm buying a whole tub full) to suck on (yes, laugh it up you immature sods) while doing my University work which is currently sprawled out over my floor as I'm having a 5 minute break.
Powder%20lollies.jpg

Also I have a real soft spot for the following:
  • Nerdz - As a kid I loved sour stuff and these were sour, with enough E colours to attract anyone who wasn't colour blind. Instant hit and amazing flavours
  • Refresher bars - kill your teeth, but damn they're tasty, especially when you get it just right and the sherbet comes out. Has to be the lemon one though. Strawberry is a close second.
  • Wham! bars. As above. Were my staple food at Secondary School as they were like Refreshers, but with sour bits in them. Already drooling thinking about them.
  • Talking of which, sherbet! Lemon, apple, blueberry. Almost any flavour and in any sweet. Could eat that all day.
  • Peanut brittle - something more savoury, but oh so good.
  • Jelly Belly jellybeans. Dad loves these too and has a 2kg tub of them on the desk at home from xmas he has managed to not open yet. If you've tried them then you don't need an explanation. I think we should send Dfg some to show him just how sweet the West can taste ;)

So what are your favourite sweets? Any that sweets that have stuck with you throughout your childhood and you still have/get cravings for today? I was never really a chocolate man. It makes me feel claustrophobic as it coats the inside of my mouth and the only other person I know like that was my ex which goes to show that I'm seen as a bit of an oddball. The odd bit of chocolate is fine, but any more and I feel freaked out in my head. But white chocolate buttons > any other. Or the hundreds of free bagfuls of Belgian chocolates I get on my business trips.

Comments

• chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited February 2012
    I love jellybabies. Especially the green ones. When my daughter was a baby I told her she was allergic to green sweets. She had to save all the green ones for daddy to dispose of. This worked up to the age of 11 when I got a divorce and in a moment of spite my ex wife spilled the beans so to speak.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2012
    Stale Milkduds, yup stale ones. The fresh ones melt in your mouth to fast, the stale ones are good and chewy so you get your money's worth out of them.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2012
    chippy wrote: »
    I love jellybabies. Especially the green ones. When my daughter was a baby I told her she was allergic to green sweets. She had to save all the green ones for daddy to dispose of. This worked up to the age of 11 when I got a divorce and in a moment of spite my ex wife spilled the beans so to speak.

Damn! She even went after your sweets :( that's quite a good ploy though. Hope she ate her veggies as a kid lol
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited June 2012
    I haven't had any sweets in forever unless you count the chocolate flavored peanut butter I'm obsessed with. I like ice cream, sour patch kids, Swedish Fish, M&M's- the mint ones & the raspberry one are very good. I also love Muddy Buddy check mix. I can't control my self with foods I like so I never buy then. :(
  • edited June 2012
    Nerds! I'm eating strawberry and grape flavor right this very second, bought them while I was away :thumbsup: Best shit ever, no questions!