Interesting development on youtube

chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
edited April 2012 in Spurious Generalities
But will it make a difference?

I doubt it will make much impact, other than raising a bit of short term awareness.

http://www.youtube.com/earthhour

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2012
    If 10,000 people agree to pick up trash on the beach will he stay in the ocean? If 50,000 people agree to take public transportation will the jump off the building? My initial response is to buy and SUV, drive the beach, and toss my McDonald's food container collection out the window.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2012
    If 10,000 people agree to pick up trash on the beach will he stay in the ocean? If 50,000 people agree to take public transportation will the jump off the building? My initial response is to buy and SUV, drive the beach, and toss my McDonald's food container collection out the window.

This is pretty darn true, well according to Doug Stanhope anyways ;)

Slacktivism sucks. Gets us nowhere and gives people a warm, fuzzy feeling in their computer chair.

If I wanted that, I'd just knock one out. Saves me some calories, won't get a girl pregnant (if I can get one) and chills me out. More than you ever did for Kony, mofo.
    edited March 2012
    I have never head of Doug Stanhope but I would buy him a beer.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited March 2012
    The more I see of this guy, the more I like him.

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited March 2012
    I made sure I had every appliance in my home on for earth hour. Fucking greenies.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Stanhope can be a bit of a dick at times but 80% of the time he's pretty damn spot on with what he says. Glad I introduced you. Funnily enough my ex got me into him (figuratively speaking) after showing me the "Fuck the Jews" sketch.
    edited April 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    Stanhope can be a bit of a dick at times but 80% of the time he's pretty damn spot on with what he says. Glad I introduced you. Funnily enough my ex got me into him (figuratively speaking) after showing me the "Fuck the Jews" sketch.

They have been saying that about me for 40 out of 50 years but I don't get anyone calling my agent.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited April 2012
    Stanhope is my new hero. That shit was fucking awesome.