Firefox 13 Changes to Scroll-Bar Physics

edited June 2012 in Tech & Games
Some of you may or may not have already noticed the difference, but I downloaded the latest version of Firefox earlier today and the first thing I noticed (aside from the new layout of the New Tab page) was the strange way in which page scrolling works. It's like the scroll-bar is running on liquid or something, it's weird to explain without you experiencing it first hand.

At first, I didn't really like it. But after a day of using it, it's definitely growing on me. It's... smoooooth.

Update your Firefox today, and discuss your thoughts here.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Didn't see much change to be honest. It feels like the same way. A bit slow to be honest.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2012
    ugh. It's probably that smooth scrolling crap. It's the first thing i disable.

All it does it scroll less, despite more cadence.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2012
    I am old. Therefore I hate change and don't like anything until it is at least twenty one years old.
  • edited June 2012
    ugh. It's probably that smooth scrolling crap. It's the first thing i disable.

All it does it scroll less, despite more cadence.

Yeah that's probably it. I've never had it enabled before, but it came enabled as default with the new Firefox update. Kinda annoying at first but I've actually started to like it now.
    edited June 2012
    OK, I just updated to 13 and I don't notice anything different therefore I like it. :thumbsup:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2012
    I'm using FF aurora and SRIron on my MS HD and they do the job .....Hey! Is aurora faster than the standard FF or am I imagining it? ..... Oh! Hang on everything is faster than the standard FF. :rolleyes:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    I am old. Therefore I hate change and don't like anything until it is at least twenty one years old.

Are you hinting that you like 20 year old girls?
    edited June 2012
    No, I am stating that they must be 21 before they can even wash my laundry.
  • edited June 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I'm using FF aurora and SRIron on my MS HD and they do the job .....Hey! Is aurora faster than the standard FF or am I imagining it? ..... Oh! Hang on everything is faster than the standard FF. :rolleyes:

All this talk about Firefox being slow makes me want to move away from it. I don't really use other browsers that often so I haven't noticed how slow Firefox is, but I just couldn't up and leave all my addons :( NoScript especially. Unless NoScript is available on another browser...
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    All this talk about Firefox being slow makes me want to move away from it. I don't really use other browsers that often so I haven't noticed how slow Firefox is, but I just couldn't up and leave all my addons :( NoScript especially. Unless NoScript is available on another browser...
    If your happy with what you've got bro. Stick with it! If it ain't broke don't fix it. ;)
    On my linux OS I have to use some form of FF or google because my bank only accepts IE (which I can't run without VB or Wine) FF and google (Which are pretty intrusive) However, I run Auroa which is just another version of FF. I can use the FF plugins, I so missed when I went away from FF (Web Developer) Although it's not compatible with some of the other FF plugins. :(
    I use midori on linux more though.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012

I am only 21 - and agree with this. I hope to Hell it's not like the iPhone scrolling "physics". Keeping the old version of FF around just in case.
  • edited June 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    I am only 21 - and agree with this. I hope to Hell it's not like the iPhone scrolling "physics". Keeping the old version of FF around just in case.

The smooth scrolling can be disabled in the preferences so you might as well upgrade :thumbsup:
    edited June 2012
    trx100 wrote: »

Opera 11 does not support NoScript but BlockIt service fir Opera is about the same thing for Opera.

http://unite.opera.com/application/641/
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Ok I take back what I said. My browser auto-updated as I have a tendency to be stuck in the past and hate updating things.

That scrolling is a mix of smoothness on par with some girls' poontang and my phone.

The girl was over the age of consent. Damn Mozilla, this is nice. I feel like my mouse is at an ice rink.