Skype Source Leaked!

SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator-__-
edited July 2012 in Tech & Games
The Skype source code has been leaked. Along with the de-obfuscated binaries.

Guess what? Government Backdoor. Apparently put in by MS, at the behest of the US.

http://pastebay.net/1068196

Anyone who really wishes to communicate securely should use text only communication, either with a OTR-like plugin or pgp+email.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    FUCKING hell, this is insane. I guess I should stop using Skype then. FUCK
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
    Hate to sound like a Hipster but honestly, with the amount (in the UK at least) the Govt were kicking off about how TERRUWRISTS USE SKYPE COS IT'S INKRIPTED just made me think "well there will be a way round that soon enough".

Sure enough, here it is.
    Pass me a crystal ball, someone. Up next? Something TOR or IRC related. At least as a scapegoat. if I see anything in the news, I'll post here.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    FUCKING hell, this is insane. I guess I should stop using Skype then. FUCK
    Why, if you have nothing to hide whats the big deal?:D
    Really this should come to no surprise,big brother is up your ass and half the the time you got no clue.
    I suspect that TOR is nothing more than a honey pot at this point and if you try and protect yourself you do nothing more than make your self a target.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2012
    WoW that shit is every where! I even found it here!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2012
    angryonion wrote: »
    Really this should come to no surprise,big brother is up your ass and half the the time you got no clue.
    I suspect that TOR is nothing more than a honey pot at this point and if you try and protect yourself you do nothing more than make your self a target.

There is more truth to that statement than you realize, I can explain, or you would believe if I told you the truth.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    angryonion wrote: »
    There is more truth to that statement than you realize, I can explain, or you would believe if I told you the truth.

Actually I adopted being in the open for a quite a while. Considering how things are going in the wrong direction, I decided instead of being a target or a victim, why not use this wave to whore yourself more :D
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2012
    We all knew microsoft, google etc were in the governments pocket. I have enough fucking issues with ISPs monitoring my network activity. I don't mind them monitoring it in a way. I got fuckall to hide really. I just wish they would learn how to do it properly without fucking over my speeds and mysteriously using up all my data rate per month.