Backtrack 5 R3 Released - Upgrade Now! Torrents inside.

edited August 2012 in Tech & Games
tBxJV.jpg

It's a few days old now (possibly weeks, as there was some talk of the developer's version being leaked on Torrent sites a few weeks ago) but I hadn't seen another thread here about it. So here we go, another installation of the popular Linux distro is available for download! According to the Backtrack website...
R3 focuses on bug-fixes as well as the addition of over 60 new tools – several of which were released in BlackHat and Defcon 2012. A whole new tool category was populated – “Physical Exploitation”, which now includes tools such as the Arduino IDE and libraries, as well as the Kautilya Teensy payload collection

Doesn't that sound awesome? Grab your download using one of the following links.

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2012
    Woah! 2.4g for the vm torrent. That's one behemoth fucking linux OS. :eek:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2012
    I am excited. Downloading the VM version :D.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited August 2012
    Is there a difference between the KDE and GNOME versions (other than the DE).

I've had trouble with the 64-bit version in the past. A lot of the utilities in BT are really optimised for 32-bit versions.
  • edited August 2012
    Is there a difference between the KDE and GNOME versions (other than the DE).

I've had trouble with the 64-bit version in the past. A lot of the utilities in BT are really optimised for 32-bit versions.

Absolutely no difference in terms of tools, just the way it looks. As for the 64-bit thing... I haven't ever had any problems. I'm not sure if things are optimised for 32-bit versions or not, but I can personally say I've never run into any problems. I've been running my 64-bit VM for a long while now :thumbsup:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Shame it doesn't work on my Toshiba Satellite Pro-L500 laptop :( that really peeved me off otherwise I'd be all over that like an expensive hooker.
  • edited August 2012
    When you say it "doesn't work", what exactly happens? Maybe it's something we can help with :D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Last time I checked it kept giving me a monitor not found sorta message. Just didn't detect it despite being..a..fucking laptop.
    I'll download and burn this release tonight and update you, loving how it's massive considering Linux Distros are supposed to be small lol.

Edit - Downloading Gnome 32-bit now
  • edited August 2012
    Awesome, let us know how it goes and if you have any problems, be sure to post them here :thumbsup: