Official Totse TeamSpeak 3 Server

DfgDfg Admin
edited November 2012 in Help and Suggestions
Totse now has a TeamSpeak 3 server that will be available to trusted members of the community. You will need to download the TeamSpeak 3 client, which is free, from http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads.

For connection information please PM TheDarkRodent and if after consulting with the totse staff you are deemed to be a trusted user the connection information will be made available to you. Please do not take this the wrong way but at present the server is limited to 32 users. This can and will be increased should the demand dictate a need for expansion. So for now we will be giving the connection information only to users who have demonstrated that they are mature and have contributed to the community. If you send a PM and are not given the connection info please do not take it personally. In this case you are encouraged to post in this thread and explain why you feel the decision to withhold this information form you is a mistake. We are not perfect and are subject to misjudging people just like anyone else and will listen to your argument with an open mind. Should your argument be intelligent and properly presented it is very likely that we will reconsider and provide you with the info.

As on the forums freedom of speech is a central part of the policies for use of the Totse TeamSpeak server. However irresponsible use of this tool that prevents others from using the service will result in suspension of your TeamSpeak privileges.
This is a great tool for members to meet, speak, vent, suggest, bullshit, and just hang out.

It also provides members with the opportunity to know there fellow Totseans as real people and not just words on a display. This has the potential to create an environment that can lead to a tighter knit community which will take Totse to the next level.

You can use Skype and connect with lord.dfg to get more details on it.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    That's pretty badass. I think we should have a link somewhere on the page which is entitled "Totse Chat" or something. When you click the link, the user will be presented with a bunch of different contact methods such as IRC, Skype, and teamspeak etc etc etc.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    That is a capital suggestion Trx.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I approve of this :thumbsup:
    edited August 2011
    OK i seems people don't want to send a PM for the connection info so here it is.

Connect to 208.100.9.178 on port 4723 with the appropriate TeamSpeak 3 Client for your platform (Windows/Mac/Linux) no password.

BTW this is now a dedicated TS3 server on a paid host so it will be stable and up 24/7.
    edited August 2011
    OK guys bumping this to get your lazy asses in here with the rest of us.
    edited August 2011
    Dfg added a TeamSpeak status widget on the bottom left hand side of the CMS page located here.

http://www.totse.info/cms/
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    Fuck this shit, fucking pain in the ass to even get it installed. Now it doesn't want to even work.

Gay shit, I'll stick with skype.
    edited August 2011
    You have got to e kidding Buddha. TS3 is 10 times easier to use than Skype. I saw by the chat logs in TS you connected. All you need to do is is click on Settings in the menu at the top, run the Setup Wizard, choose a push to talk key and you are done.

Skype is the gay ass shit that eats your system resources, drops calls like Michael Jackson holding a baby, and does not respond to have the shit you click on.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Teamspeak is mightly awesome :D Voice Activation FTW!!
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited August 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Fuck this shit, fucking pain in the ass to even get it installed. Now it doesn't want to even work.

Gay shit, I'll stick with skype.

lol...it worked on my computer it's more like his netbook is gay
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited August 2011
    You guys seem so dedicated to keep everyone connected. I really admire that, and this provides a brilliant way for staff to get in touch with each other too :D good stuff, I like to see it.
    edited August 2011
    So get your sorry ass in here old man I am tired of baby sitting these snot nosed brats all by myself.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2011
    I just downloaded an app for this on by phone. It works. The app goes by the same name.
  • edited August 2011
    I just downloaded an app for this on by phone. It works. The app goes by the same name.

That's pretty badass, I was going to have a look on the Android market last night for the Teamspeak app but I totally forgot :facepalm: Thanks for the headsup, I think I'll download that right now!
    edited August 2011

So when should we expect to see you in TeamSpeak?
    edited August 2011
    Dfgs camel stall and M&A are both locked to me. Can someone pm me the passwords please?
    edited August 2011
    Damn shit reception here. I'm working on coming back.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2011
    Every time I try to connect, this shit doesn't work.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited August 2011
    I logged in an iTouch but the TS3 app was buggy as hell. I kept pressing the PTT button but my voice button didn't light up.
    edited August 2011
    Try using a real system?
  • fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    Why not go with tinychat?

:Only client needed is a browser
    :Has both video and/or audio support
    :Pretty much no setup required

http://www.tinychat.com/totse
    edited August 2011
    Why not piss off.
  • edited August 2011
    It works totally fine for me. I had to mess around with the sound settings a little bit but that's only because I'm using a Linux system with a USB headset which needed configuring.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    How about teamspeak doesn't shit on me. It disabled my microphone and speakers, and I already checked the mute mic and speaker deals, ITS NOT THAT. I reran the setup wizard and no luck. Teamspeak sucks donkey balls.

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me, I couldn't fix it either, had to re-install everything.
    edited August 2011
    Anyone out there?
    edited August 2011
    How about teamspeak doesn't shit on me. It disabled my microphone and speakers, and I already checked the mute mic and speaker deals, ITS NOT THAT. I reran the setup wizard and no luck. Teamspeak sucks donkey balls.
    buddha wrote: »
    Sounds like the same thing that happened to me, I couldn't fix it either, had to re-install everything.

We got GMcB straightened out yesterday. It was s imple setting that got disabled in his client (user error?). Check to make sure your capture and playback profiles are set to default.

ts3cap1.png

ts3cap2.png
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited October 2011
    Anyone on right now ?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    Anyone on right now ?

Taylor Swift is online right now :)
    edited October 2011
    Anyone on right now ?
    Anyone on right now ?

If you look on the right side of the main page you will see a tab that expands a side bar. (circled in red)

TS_Tab1.png

Click on it to expand the side tab and if you collapse the top to section by clicking on the circled sub tabs or just scroll down you can see the TeamSpeak server status which shows who is on TeamSpeak and what room they are in.

TS_Tab2.png
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited October 2011
    I didn't know that, I always came in blind.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    I didn't know that, I always came in blind.

That's why we turn on the lights when.... you get the idea.
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Regular
    edited September 2012
    Does anyone use TS anymore? I've been sitting in here for the last few days and haven't seen a single person.
    edited September 2012
    UM what TS are you on?
    edited September 2012
    The one linked on the side of the intro page. atl01.bargainvoice.com:7012 I just ran into someone there who said it is a TS for a minecraft server that isn't live yet. A "dirtyalpaca" informed me of that.
    edited October 2012
    So, I'm guessing it isn't active anymore, since all of your links go to a TS server that you don't own/use anymore.
    edited October 2012
    They must have re-rented the IP. I am going to set something up before the 31st.
    edited November 2012
    Any update on this?
    edited November 2012
    Sorry nothing yet, I have been busy IRL.
    edited November 2012
    Sorry nothing yet, I have been busy IRL.

No problemo TDR. I do find it a bit curious that you guys would let the TS server go after how much you guys rallied for it back in the day.
    edited November 2012
    Everyone is off IRL atm, maybe this winter when people are slowed down a bit. I will do something before new years though I suppose.