Need a new direction in life.

ArkansanArkansan Regular
edited November 2012 in Life
So this past year has been a series of karmic kicks in the nuts for me, health problems, money problems, miscarriage etc. I am at a community college that blows, the quality of instruction so poor that I seriously threw a fit and tried to get my money back but was told politely to fuck off. Every dick weed I know that has never worked a day in their life has had gravy jobs fucking handed to them, my 19 year old sister in law and her retarded land-whale of a husband just got a 120,000 grand home loan, I am honestly at the point of saying fuck all the changes I have made to my self over the past 5 years and going back to being a total dick to everyone that is not close friends or family.

Anyway, self pity rant over, the real issue here is that I need a goal, a new direction so to speak. I have been told countless times by professors over the years that I should be a novelist and am seriously considering trying it, anyone have any experience in this field, tips or whatnot on how to get my foot in the door? What I am looking for now is a way to stake my claim in the world without having to blow more time in school, accruing more debt in a state where post graduation opportunities are abysmal. Anyone have any ideas for good career fields that I can get my foot in without schooling, or other general ways to make decent money?

By the way I plan on posting a few of my short stories later in the week for you guys to review.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2012
    I look forward to the stories. Ask yourself this. Besides writing, what could I do every day that I would enjoy and someone would pay me to do. Answer that and you will never have to work another day in your life. You would also enjoy the benefit of lower stress levels which would create an environment more conducive to creative flow in your life. That way you could write a novel and not have to stress out over life's little inconveniences like food, shelter, and clothing.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2012
    I look forward to the stories. Ask yourself this. Besides writing, what could I do every day that I would enjoy and someone would pay me to do. Answer that and you will never have to work another day in your life. You would also enjoy the benefit of lower stress levels which would create an environment more conducive to creative flow in your life. That way you could write a novel and not have to stress out over life's little inconveniences like food, shelter, and clothing.

^That,

and I follow plenty of writers on twitter. I guess you should follow them up or I can guide you to what I know. Which genre do u want to target?