Push Up / Sit Up Challenge for Totseans

DfgDfg Admin
edited March 2013 in Life
Beaver told me he will be doing push ups everyday and he reach around 100-300 PER DAY! I suck at doing pushups but I decided to chip in and starting following his routine.

It's not a game, it's more like an improvement plan. I know Beaver will keep improving myself and I need to build myself up. So, each day, we both will post the total number of pushups we did per day. And you guys can join in. The aim is to be 100% honest. I can do around 5-10 at best and I want to increase it at the end of the week and really develop my body. I don't have a workout buddy IRL so I hope this works.

Everyone should join in and we can target different groups. This level of friendly competition might be thing we need to get off our asses and actually get in shape :).

Format:

Date : Number of Pushups
Week/Month: Total number of Pushups

Or whatever works for you.

EDIT: added sit ups as well.

Comments

• HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Regular
    edited March 2013
    Do you mean like the 100 pushup challenge? 100 pushups in one go is a harder goal than 200 in one day. I've done the 100 challenge a few times, it was fun. I'm going to do it again, and maybe try for more than one 100 pushup set a day eventually.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2013
    What he is talking about is a daily total. I am inspecting HVAC systems at the rate of about 12 - 20 homes per day. I mentioned to Dfg in Skype this morning that when I finish each home I drop for 20 pushups and 20 situps. Or in other words 240 - 400 pushups and situps per day. Not bad for a 51 year old....

Today I did 18 homes or 360 pushups and situps.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2013
    I use to pull 100 in a session. But honestly???? I think I'm only good for 30 now & 50 busting my arse like a MF. :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2013
    Added sit ups as well :D
    edited March 2013
    I did 16 homes today but the reps of 20 were getting to easy so I upped to reps of 25. For a total of 400 pushups and 400 situps today.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2013
    Spent today doing sit downs ........ I'm fucked!!!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2013
    Didn't have the energy to do them, will attempt again.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited March 2013
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Spent today doing sit downs ........ I'm fucked!!!

lol

I'm thinking of volunteering for a SEAL contract, so this could be a good way to stay on top of training.

My goal will be around 200 in one go.

Hopefully around 1,000 a day.

Talk is cheap though! I only did fifty last night.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2013
    I came back from Uni, was exceptionally tired today. I think I was busy working (didn't even take off my UNi clothes) I ate food, watched Curiosity (Hurricane Sandy S02E07) and I have this Sofa-cum bed, fast forward few hours I just woke up with all kinds of back aches. Apparently I fainted or went cold when I lay on the sofa. So, yeah 0 for me.

I will however trying doing it in an hour or so. Can't give up.
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Regular
    edited March 2013
    Dfg wrote: »
    I came back from Uni, was exceptionally tired today. I think I was busy working (didn't even take off my UNi clothes) I ate food, watched Curiosity (Hurricane Sandy S02E07) and I have this Sofa-cum bed, fast forward few hours I just woke up with all kinds of back aches. Apparently I fainted or went cold when I lay on the sofa. So, yeah 0 for me.

I will however trying doing it in an hour or so. Can't give up.

Don't worry, I wouldn't want to move more than necessary in the Pakistani heat either.
    edited March 2013
    Short day today. I did 11 homes for 275 pushups and situps today. I'm taking tomorrow off work so will try to concentrate on streching out and keeping limber throughout the day.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited March 2013
    I'm too fat to do push ups and I don't have the upper body strength.

That said, I started running on the treadmill. According to the machine, I ran 2.25 miles today (around 3.5 Km, my treadmill is on miles for some reason).

Hopefully I lose enough weight to actually be able to do push ups.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2013
    ^Good work, oh well I just woke up today. I have a check with the Doc today, I got some major Gastric problems. But I will give a shot. I suck at push ups :(
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Doing push ups requires me to put in some effort. I'm trying to put on weight not loose it. Having an over active thyroid makes weight gain rather difficult for me.
    edited March 2013
    I have had ISP problems but have averaged around 300/300 per day for the last few. Today was a short day so it was 140/140.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2013
    I have had ISP problems but have averaged around 300/300 per day for the last few. Today was a short day so it was 140/140.

Got an issue with my stomach, I am pretty much at a borderline when it comes to BMI. I am taking some medications but as soon as I feel stable I vow to drop 4 KGs as fast as possible.