Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 Migration Discussion

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2014 in Tech & Games
Okay folks, my current install of Windows 7 has been running for a while now "Original Install Date: 8/4/2012, 5:44:40 AM". But I am thinking of moving to Windows 8.1. Mostly because A) I will transfer to an SSD which means I will have to do a complete install ANYWAY, B) Need to refresh windows, too many mods and shit.

It's not going to happen today, but it's planned. I am will list things which will be an issue for me during the migration, currently three services will bother me. Oh did I mention my 2TB seagate torrent drive just killed itself. FUCKING SEAGATE. So, I am also switching to Western Digital drives as well.

Programs that will be problematic:
Dropbox
Copy.com
Backblaze
Ultramon

Programs that will get installed fresh:
Adobe Suite
C4D
Maya
Office
(insert big suites)

Also, I will be using a FREE ;) copy of Windows 8.1 Professional or Ultimate thanks to ahem torrents :D. Anyone using Windows 8.1?

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I run only WD drives in my machines. Never once had a problem with them. Windows 8 is too much like a cheap nasty tablet OS that has been hacked to work on a desktop machine for my liking. My personal opinion is that it is a fucking piece of shit. I intend on sticking with Windows 7 for the foreseeable future.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2014
    I run only WD drives in my machines. Never once had a problem with them. Windows 8 is too much like a cheap nasty tablet OS that has been hacked to work on a desktop machine for my liking. My personal opinion is that it is a fucking piece of shit. I intend on sticking with Windows 7 for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I just got WD 2TB drive yesterday, bitch is fast and stable. Going to switch to WD and I think sticking with Windows 7 might be a good choice for now.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited May 2014
    I have been using windows 8 for some time now but have not updated too 8.1 because I like the way its working.
    I'm afraid if I update its going to mess up my stuff,I don't know maybe I'll give it a shot.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2014
    It's a horrible OS and I wish people would stop bringing them over for me to fix!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2014
    I am waiting for my ahem bonus, once I get an SSD I will test it out.