How to get XP Updates for 5 more years

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited June 2014 in Tech & Games
Just when you thought that shit had ended...

Apparently some government and corporate organisations can’t be fucked switching from XP, so Microsoft has kindly offered them 5 more years of updates. How the fuck did these organisations pull that shit off? You may very well be asking yourselves. With a big enough bank account and future promises of using MS products MS will quite happily lick anyone’s arse. So luckily for you die hard XP users out there you don’t need big fat bank accounts to reap the same rewards.

This is how to score the updates without getting rimmed

All it takes is a simple registry hack, so let’s begin. Open “regedit”, I will assume you know how to open ‘regedit’. If you don’t, try typing regedit into RUN and if that doesn’t work try copy and pasting it. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\ and create a ‘new key’ called “PosReady”, and that’s without the quotes for fucks sakes. Right click that new key and add a new ‘DWORD’ value of “1”. Now all you have to do is go to the MS update website and you should see a shitload of updates for your geriatric operating system.

This is what you should see

vM8Cl6e.jpg

What form of evil is this?

What this hack does is fools windows updates into thinking your computer is running “Windows Embedded POSReady”, rather than “Windows XP. POSReady”. POS or point-of-sales cash registers, is a variant of XP that was released in 2009.

Oh Shit! My computer just fucked itself!!!

Nah! I’m just mind fucking you; it’s a perfectly safe hack that Microsoft is not happy about because it fucks up their sales. Here’s what they had to say about the hack.

We recently became aware of a hack that purportedly aims to provide security updates to Windows XP customers. The security updates that could be installed are intended for Windows Embedded and Windows Server 2003 customers and do not fully protect Windows XP customers. Windows XP customers also run a significant risk of functionality issues with their machines if they install these updates, as they are not tested against Windows XP. The best way for Windows XP customers to protect their systems is to upgrade to a more modern operating system, like Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.

Form totseans to microsoft!!

p2uD0kC.jpg

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2014
    Fuck Gates, good job BK.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2014
    Fuck Gates, good job BK.

Ya, as soon as I've finished my studies I'm going back to Linux full time. :cool:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2014
    I use MS but I have never, since DOS 1.0, paid MS 1 red cent.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2014
    Piece Of Shit Windows Xp updates wouldn't harm your regular Windows Xp install, however, you should upgrade to Windows 7 and use a virtual machine already.
    edited June 2014
    Dfg wrote: »
    Piece Of Shit Windows Xp updates wouldn't harm your regular Windows Xp install, however, you should upgrade to Windows 7 and use a virtual machine already.

x4KxHGD.jpg
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2014
    I had an XP machine until last year, but the hardware died (an ancient dell) It was sp2 that made it a good OS.

I remember i would randomly delete files in System32 and reboot to see what it did (I was a weird kid) and fuck about with every setting in the *msc's . They were good times. :D

Once i broke it so bad that i to install Slackware for a PC Mag DVD and that's how it all began...
  • I still state, that unless you have a dedicated software that can't be run on Windows 7, you shouldn't use Windows Xp, getting updates won't really fix anything. It's just a disaster waiting to happen. However, reports do dictate that's safer to use Windows Xp since hackers aren't bothering it due to it's reducing user base.

Go Linux if you have to.
  • Thing is though, Micro When It's Soft is easier to use program wise (for the general population) due to the fact that it doesn't involve using the terminal all the time
  • Thing is though, Micro When It's Soft is easier to use program wise (for the general population) due to the fact that it doesn't involve using the terminal all the time
    Well, Linux does have good distributions which limit your terminal use, Linux Mint is one of them but yeah you're right. General users mostly fuck around way too much.

Thing is though, Micro When It's Soft is easier to use program wise (for the general population) due to the fact that it doesn't involve using the terminal all the time
    Agreed, but many debian based distro's are reasonably user friendly noaw. Take noobuntu for instance, mucho user friendly, terminal is about as unnecessary as cmd prompt and it's over cluttered with pointless shit you'll never use ...... just like windows really. :)

Agreed, but many debian based distro's are reasonably user friendly noaw. Take noobuntu for instance, mucho user friendly, terminal is about as unnecessary as cmd prompt and it's over cluttered with pointless shit you'll never use ...... just like windows really. :)

I see what you did here, but I do agree, I wish I had better organization skills, my computer folder structure is a mess.