Wireless Charging on Smart Phones throughout the region, so don't have to dock it for charging

Currently it's not that great but I am thinking on a grand scale, it's the same as Cellphone signals, your phone basically gets charged by special chargers placed by the cell phone company or the government and you pay some toll and in return your phone uses power from those towers and doesn't drain your battery or basically gets charged.

You can even have these hubs placed in Airports, Train station or commuting places or hangouts such as parks, so people can charge while running or waiting.

Just a random thought but I do feel in future this would be a reality.
Tagged:

Comments

• You mean like the powermat?
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    They have been talking about wireless power transmission for years. It works in theory but is highly impractical with current technology. The powermat on the other hand uses induction which only works over short distance (1 inch or less). That tech has been around for quite a while now and works pretty well.
  • You mean like the powermat?
    Yes, it's inspired by it.
    They have been talking about wireless power transmission for years. It works in theory but is highly impractical with current technology. The powermat on the other hand uses induction which only works over short distance (1 inch or less). That tech has been around for quite a while now and works pretty well.

The new Moto Wrist watch uses that, it's quite simple, I wish my Z2 had it, but yeah the distance issue is a big one but I am sure it can be over comed with some work.
  • So basically like little nodes placed throughout the city and whatnot? Or literal wireless charging like in the middle of a desert? (there is a cell tower) because if that is the case this would be ideal in places like new York. The problem would be charging time.
  • So basically like little nodes placed throughout the city and whatnot? Or literal wireless charging like in the middle of a desert? (there is a cell tower) because if that is the case this would be ideal in places like new York. The problem would be charging time.
    Exactly, and I am just tired of charging my phone everyday.
  • fcamilo wrote: »
    This idea was first presented by NIkola Tesla some decades ago but JP Morgan killed the idea by de-funding the project. Its a noble idea but the big energy companies wont go for it unless as you said they can change a toll http://www.teslaenergy.org/tower1.html

Yeah I didn't left the idea of charging toll out, it's sort of required in order for this to work, unfortunately greed fucks up everything.