Windows 7 to Windows 8.1

Well, yesterday I decided to cut my losses and finally give in. So, here I am using Windows 8.1 Pro, it's on my Laptop and on my Desktop. Surprisingly after the initial learning curve it's not that hard. I mean it took me 10 minutes to know what goes where and it's all good now. I installed the Classic Start Menu cause with a high performance system, it was idiotic to go back and forth.

Also, I don't mind the APPS concept, I got used to it thanks to Xperia Z2. I think I was mostly okay with the upgrade due to using Touch Screen for months and using a flagship device to experience Android.

In terms of Laptop, it fixed some major issues for me, like the damn Hot Button issue and other minor issue. Especially with the Power Management fucking up and yes the damn screen. So, super happy about it.

On Desktop not so much but I haven't really flexed my fingers yet. All in all, if you're holding on to Windows 7 and you use Touch Screen, you should upgrade to Windows 8.1, if you're not, you should.

It will make the jump to Windows 10 a lot easier.
Tagged:

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Sorry bro! I wouldn't touch windows 8 with your penis, so what makes you think I'd touch it with my own?
  • bornkiller wrote: »
    Sorry bro! I wouldn't touch windows 8 with your penis, so what makes you think I'd touch it with my own?

Yes, I had the knee jerk reaction as well, but once you get over the damn menu issue and use Classicshell, it's actually quite stable. I love Windows 7 but it's starting to feel old and even though my last install ran for years. I still think it was a wise decision to upgrade, especially for the Laptop. It runs amazingly well now.

It reminds me of an ex I went out with. Pretty with lots of makeup & shit but it's over weight, intrusive, demanding & gives shit blow jobs.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    bornkiller wrote: »
    It reminds me of an ex I went out with. Pretty with lots of makeup & shit but it's over weight, intrusive, demanding & gives shit blow jobs.

I know that feeling bro. I'm going to stick with windows 7 for now at least.

Word Dak!

Dfg! You might as well wait around for Win10 to sort their issues out if you're gonna upgrade.

& well we're on the win10 subject.

WlrxJVy.jpg
  • Well, I am queued for Windows 10 upgrade, although I do see Windows 8.1 being a dick when it comes to settings, I can't configure fucking Bluetooth Audio and my Wireless Card has issues on the Laptop. So, yeah starting to see the fails.

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    I'm on windows 8.1. The desktop part of the OS is pretty good but the start screen thing is fucked.

I had a look at windows 10 preview. The start menu is back and they put the full screen metro apps in a window (they still suck). It will be a good release I think.
    Windows 10 is kinda like a hybrid of win7 & win8.
    Microsoft like to compare their OS's to cars & consider win8 as a prius, I compare it more to a lada.
  • So, I am driving Prius atm, Bk unless you're dying, avoid upgrading to Windows 8.1.
  • Well, it's a damn truck. But I can't downgrade now :(
    That's not just a damn truck .... That's a piece of paki paradise. & how come ya can't downgrade?
  • Windows 8 > Windows 7, too much effort. Plus apart from minor glitches, it does work.