Recent Down Time & Migration

Just a head up, my sql usage is a bit high for some reason and I am experiencing some down time because of it, it doesn't help that the hosting tech's are lazy and haven't responded to my requests. This is a production environment, so I have to careful.

However, I might suspend totseans during these days on case by case basis to isolate the problem, does it mean I am shutting it down?

Errr... no. I am just investigating the high load shizzle.

On the bright side, a new server has been provision, it will have plenty of RAM (32GB) and cores (12) to handle things. I will alert you when that is ready, it will be using Nginx + apache and bunch of nifty tweaks, since it's a new server, I will move totseans there and use this as a platform to tweak the fuck out of it. MUHAHAHA

Excited about it!

End of update.

Oh and don't worry this place will be up for a long time to come. You can go whatever with your life, but whenever you have time, you can always come back to home.

Comments

• Issue found, one of the hard disk is failing :(. Waiting for replacement.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    Ah. Cool. I check this place out several times a week (usually on the loo).

Rarely post now, though.. We're all doing things now.

Still in the phillipines Dfg?
  • Ah. Cool. I check this place out several times a week (usually on the loo).

Rarely post now, though.. We're all doing things now.

Still in the phillipines Dfg?

Yep, been more than a year :D Loving it.
  • Update on server, the Admin finally replaced the damn HDD and rebuild the RAID. It's fine now. Everything is stable. I cancelled the dedicated server from the current hosting provider, using another one, it will be up by Monday, totseans would be the first to be moved there.

I think having two server on two different datacenters might give me some leverage. I just need to find a way to have a DNS system which is independent from the host.
  • New Server Specs:

Dual E5-2620v3

32GB RAM

2x 500GB SSDs

Hardware RAID + BBU

cPanel/WHM

Fully Managed

CentOS 7

I went fully Managed since, if I fuck up. I need some safety, went with hardware Raid on top of it.

So, yeah :D We're gonna move to a bigger server, muhhahaha.
  • Migration complete :)
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    How come no one has down time on me? They're like "Ohhhh Nooo BK, that monster will give me joker scars on my cheeks" :(
  • bornkiller wrote: »
    How come no one has down time on me? They're like "Ohhhh Nooo BK, that monster will give me joker scars on my cheeks" :(

We don't have a downtime because Dfg became smarter and used methods that would make downtime a thing of the past :).

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Yeahhh ... Wellll ... You're a guy & I don't want downtime from a guy ..... I want downtime from a girl.
  • bornkiller wrote: »
    Yeahhh ... Wellll ... You're a guy & I don't want downtime from a guy ..... I want downtime from a girl.

That can be arranged.