Just got my last letter from college.

PacoPaco me administrator
edited April 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Just got denied from my back-up school.

Looks like this motherfucker is going to Community College.

I really regret being a fucking moron my first two years of High School. It's really biting me in the ass now...

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2012
    Keep you nose to the grindstone for a year at CC and you can easily transfer to a real school in a year.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited April 2012
    Yea, That's the plan. Now that I'm thinking about it, It's perfectly fine. Most of my first year at any school will be mostly General Education, and Community College is ass loads cheaper for tuition. Its way better to get my BS classes done there and then transfer.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited April 2012
    You pay less for the same classes that you'd be taking at any Uni...unless you're well ahead of the curve...which you aren't, so don't sweat it.

Edit: No offense...lol
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited April 2012
    meh. you're probably better off.

Depending on the type of work you want to do, CC might be looked on move favourably. It's definitely the case for IT, the perception is that CC gives students more hands on experience.

Some would argue there's even a bias against college grads in IT, with people hiring their likeness I.E. CC alumni.

So there are two sides to the coin Paco.
    edited April 2012
    I plan on going into Cinema/Film/Video Production. In all honesty, most film work isn't about degrees and that bullshit, It's about who you know, what you know, and if you can do it. I've talked to a lot of people in the industry who have confirmed that. But a few other people do agree that a degree in Cinema is still very very useful.
    edited April 2012
    I'd love to open up a fruit store one day.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited April 2012
    Just be careful and make sure that whatever college you plan on transferring to accepts the credits you take at community college, I have had several friends that had to retake courses because not all credits they earned in cc were transferable.
    edited April 2012
    I was incorrect. I got one more letter. It was from my goal school. This mother fucker got accepted, and was also given a $10,000 grant for every year I go to the school, up to four years.
    edited April 2012
    Paco wrote: »
    I was incorrect. I got one more letter. It was from my goal school. This mother fucker got accepted, and was also given a $10,000 grant for every year I go to the school, up to four years.

Sounds like life was trolling you. Well done. When do you start? The period between HS
    and college is one of the more bslissful life experiences.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited April 2012
    Congratulations!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2012

Congrats, give em hell.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2012
    Good deal Paco :thumbsup:
    edited April 2012
    I got a second grant. This one is for 11k. These two grants are going to cover about half of my costs.
    edited April 2012
    Our little Paco is growing up. *squeals*
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2012
    Our little Paco is growing up. *squeals*

*Hugs*

He will do great things in the future.
    edited April 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    *Hugs*

He will do great things in the future.

It's good to know that we'll have someone to look after us in our old age. soon we'll have little paco's running around the place breaking the decorations.
    edited April 2012
    I do feel like i'm growing up really fast. I hate the feeling that in exactly 49 days, I am going to be 18. Shit's weird. I might write something about Totse and my life in the near future. Might even do some video stuff.
    Hey friends. I'm drunk and revisiting my past. Just wanted y'all to know I dropped out of college. Twice. And now I run a bar.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    Type your comment
    Hey friends. I'm drunk and revisiting my past. Just wanted y'all to know I dropped out of college. Twice. And now I run a bar.

I did the same and am now training to be an electrician. Its been a while since I've been on here, I guess as we get older our lives get busier haha.
    Another drunk Paco update. I have a debilitating disease. any of yall talk on Discord or IRC anymore?