How did you play "hookie"

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
When I was a senior in highschool I skipped every first of the month. One teacher caught on but she didn't care, in fact she asked if I'd like the lesson plan for that day since she knew I wouldn't be there.

This one time my mother's dog killed itself by knocking one of those LOTR goblets off the top of my high-stacking shelf. The shelf was beside the bunk-bed my brother and I shared (I got top bunk, being older ftw). The goblet crushed her skull. I woke up to my brother and mom crying about it, pretended to be asleep for a minute while I devised a plan. I "woke up" and "found out" and started "crying" hysterically. I took the goblet outside and smashed it. Mom let me stay home from school because I was so emotional. I'd like to thank the academy.

Comments

• Name's TakenName's Taken Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I didn't turn up.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2010
    The only way I could get out of work would be for a family emergency (they know a lot of my family pretty well) or if I started vomiting profusely, very profusely.
  • edited July 2010
    well played OP, well played... The best I ever did was 'accidentally' oversleeping then quickly throwing on cloths and dashing for the bus stop in hopes I 'might' make it. Come home panting and pissed off that I missed my bus, then hang out and play video games for the rest of the day.

also I would sometimes just walk out of school with friends then come back at the end of the day to catch the bus... sometimes I would just walk home which was about 4 hours.
  • PsyntheticPsynthetic Regular
    edited July 2010
    Heh, one time I used a college visit day to visit a community college 15 minutes away.

I usually just legit played hookie though. Excuses are too much work, I'll take the punishment. One time I ditched and was hanging out at a buddies house far away from mine. The old trusty high school drop out friend whose parents work all day providing a sanctuary for pot smoking, napping, eating, playing video games etc. all day while ditching school. I was outside having a cigarette and my parents just happened to be walking the dog down his street that day. :facepalm:
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited July 2010
    While I was in highschool I was a little rebellious shit. If I didn't feel like going to school, I wouldn't. My parents really couldn't "do" that much because...well..I basically wouldn't have it. If I was at school and felt like going home, I'd wait for the next class change..walk outside, get in my car and leave. It isn't that hard to skip school. Hell we even had this guy in our parking lot with a golf cart getting paid to stop kids from leaving. He tried stopping me a few times..which didn't work ever, then eventually he gave up on me altogether.

I've grown up now though :rolleyes:
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2010
    I didn't turn up.

This
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    How to play hookie:
    Well first you get a deck of cards
    A chinese prostitute
    A pail of ice
    Some granola
    Honey
    Cum of an alaskan elk

you can figure out the rest.

No I always just played headache. Pathetic I know but it worked every single time.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    The last month of freshmen year I just stopped going because I was fucked in the head and then I decided to home school the last three years of high school. Which was nice, because I got to post on totse all day. In fact, it would probably be more honest to list &T as my high school.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    The last month of freshmen year I just stopped going because I was fucked in the head and then I decided to home school the last three years of high school. Which was nice, because I got to post on totse all day. In fact, it would probably be more honest to list &T as my high school.

Explains how you got so smart. :eek:
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's definitely why I got into drugs as hardcore as I did.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    i can make myself vomit all of a sudden
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    i can make myself vomit all of a sudden

Skills worth having.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    When I was in the last year of school I very rarely turned up for the first 2 lessons. And when I say rarely, I mean it could have been no more than 10 times in the last year that I turned up on time.

They didn't even question me, just accepted it.

Then at college I spent quite a lot of the time at the park getting high. The park is directly opposite the college, and you could see into it from the 3rd+ floor of college, see everyone rolling joints and drinking.

They didn't do shit about that either.

It was awesome :cool:
  • Dog BoyDog Boy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    By my 3rd year at high school I had every member of staff under my thumb, twas boss.

Head boy, and a lazy $2k scholarship at the end of my final year (cash cheque) highschool was a fucken breeze (I actually failed entirely in terms of academics, but it was a good time)

And I could pretty much show up whenever I felt like it.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Skipping classes in HS was easy. Most of us didn't really do much skipping until grade 12 though. At first, the teachers would follow up on whoever didn't show up for class without reason, but not too long into the year, they just gave up. The class I skipped the most was chemistry as it was the last class on Friday and due to a spare block, I could go home 3 hours early. When my parents found out, I just told them that there was nothing to learn in that class and they said that as long as I keep my high grades, they would be fine with it. Was a great year.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    In my head. I showed up to class, I was just too fucked up on dxm to count as being there. Also stayed home a lot tripping, just left, waited til parents left, came home.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited July 2010
    I just stayed home
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    I just stayed home

And eventually that, 'til I was old enough to drop out.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2010
    Doesn't it have to do with a stick and a black disc?:confused:
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I won't go into the specifics but it involves a 5 year high school plan.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    In my head. I showed up to class, I was just too fucked up on dxm to count as being there. Also stayed home a lot tripping, just left, waited til parents left, came home.

I did a LOT of that in HS.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    Meh, my grades were always among the highest in my class, so no-one gave a shit when I skipped lessons. If a teacher ever did ask me why I wasn't in, I would just look all stern and say "personal issues" and they'd get all concerned and shut up. I used to get in trouble quite a lot though, mostly due to inappropriate behavior/comments which involved lots and lots of sexual innuendo. Flap.
  • Dumpster SlutDumpster Slut Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    i had the most truancies at my school in my senior year :mad:

but i was an mmo nerd and id ditch to play video games :rolleyes:

so no, not a cool story at all.
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited July 2010
    i guess thats how u got the name of "mising muse" :o:o:o:o:o:o:o
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    i just dropped out then i got to ditch for the rest of my life
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    I developed a debilitating panic disorder...

I only WISH I'd been playing hookie, but I missed more than have my whole high school experience. Hopefully, I'll be making the most of this last year, and not missing too much, because honestly, I love my high school. It's amazing. Can't think of anywhere I'd rather be, to tell you the truth. Except St. Augustine. But... St. Augustine is kind of far away. So high school is good.
  • PopePope Regular
    edited July 2010
    I got them to kick me out the days i didnt want to be there
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    I realised I didn't have to turn up, and just stayed at home, or went on a little excursion somewhere.

Don't regret a fucking second of it. I mean, I could be at uni now like a little study-fag, but instead I've had a hell of a good time.