Guitar Art?

SophiaSandboxSophiaSandbox Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
Got bored, drew all over cheap guitar. I'm not a good artist at ALL so this is like...a masterpiece for me :]

2zrm3io.jpg

28wgrxj.jpg

Has anyone else drawn on their guitars? Stickers maybe?
C'mon :] show'm

Comments

• MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited July 2010
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    green-guitar-wallpaper.jpg

If I could have one IRL... like this...
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    That looks pretty good.

All my friends just COVER theirs with random stickers, or they don't do any "art" at all. My one buddy's is sick, I'll try to remember to get a pic if he brings it by sometime soon.
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited July 2010
    OP's looks petty trippy; I like it. Personally I just scrawled some writing all over mine but seeing that makes me want to do something more interesting.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    THe OP pic looks pretty cool.

I have solid wood bass, I dont think I could draw all over it.
  • SophiaSandboxSophiaSandbox Regular
    edited July 2010
    Haha, I really wish I had another guitar or could wipe this one clean :mad:
    I want to draw more, I haven't used up my allotted creativity for the year
  • monotonedmonotoned Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    What did you use OP? It looks awesome
    edited July 2010
    monotoned wrote: »
    What did you use OP? It looks awesome
    A sharpie :] Took me about two hours.

God damn i'm fucking proud.
    Looks good.

Draw more patterns over the top in red.

O: That's actually a good idea, and the back is like a red/brown so it would match...
    Now I just need a red sharpie :mad::mad::mad:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2010
    That's seriously fuckin awesome.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    Love it icon14.gif

Can you still play it without scratching the marker off? I've done a lot of stuff like this on objects and find that clear sprayable enamel is a cheap quick and easy way to prevent them from being scratched off easily. Hell I did this on a toilet like 6 months ago with a permanent marker and spray enamel and it's still there! There is a small blurry spot where the cleaners have attempted to clean it off, but looks like they just gave up :D

picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2172(lol at the url)

Also, you can buy old secondhand guitars for pretty cheap these days. An old electric guitar would look pretty sweet with your drawings all over it.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    That's a masterpiece to anyone brah, I'd hire you to do up my Telecaster

no lie :o
    edited July 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Love it icon14.gif

Can you still play it without scratching the marker off? I've done a lot of stuff like this on objects and find that clear sprayable enamel is a cheap quick and easy way to prevent them from being scratched off easily. Hell I did this on a toilet like 6 months ago with a permanent marker and spray enamel and it's still there! There is a small blurry spot where the cleaners have attempted to clean it off, but looks like they just gave up :D

picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2172(lol at the url)

Also, you can buy old secondhand guitars for pretty cheap these days. An old electric guitar would look pretty sweet with your drawings all over it.

This is fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!
    So far I haven't scratched any off, I can't play it often though because I don't have any calluses or anything yet. I'm getting there though, I can feel the difference between my left and right pointer fingers.
    I know like a half-ass, no chord version of Ode to Joy and i'm learning 'Hey There Delilah' I have the notes and stuff down I just have a hard time with the timing and switching between parts. I don't want to spend any money unless I know i'm committed to playing.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    Very cool OP.

I've painted a bit on my electric, I could never bring myself to do anything to my classical. Pretty low quality picture but you get the idea.
    guitar_1_by_ACallaham.jpg