Pissed on an ATM (hypothetical scenario)

parachristian teenagerparachristian teenager Semo-Regulars
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
SWIM drank about 10 beers last night and decided to make a 3am Del Taco run. On the way there, SWIM realized that he didn't have any cash and parked at a walk-up ATM to withdraw a $20. SWIM had to piss pretty bad and (hypothetically) he impulsively decided to piss all over/around the ATM so he wouldn't have to pull off on a sidestreet or hold it until he got home.

About an hour ago, SWIM remembered this and realized he pissed in full view of bank cameras like the drunk-ass fucking idiot he was/is and that his car/license plate was also likely caught on camera.

Hypothetically, can SWIM be charged with anything here? Vandalism, destruction of property? Indecent exposure? Would law enforcement even be contacted, and if so, would they bother to investigate? SWIM definitely hypothetically sprayed the screen and number pad but didn't, like, totally soak it. SWIM is considering driving back to see if the machine is still operational, but is worried that the alleged crime scene may be watched by law enforcement officials or bank security.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2010
    Hypothetically, can SWIM be charged with anything here? Vandalism, destruction of property? Indecent exposure? Would law enforcement even be contacted, and if so, would they bother to investigate?

All of the above.
  • edited July 2010
    All of the above.

This. Also, learn some moderation.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Can you really pull those off the wall and get all the cash? They have ink capsules in them now to ruin the money don't they? The TPB tried to do it.
  • edited July 2010
    Can you really pull those off the wall and get all the cash? They have ink capsules in them now to ruin the money don't they? The TPB tried to do it.

There welded and bolted into the wall. Theres really no sturdey place to attach a chain too. Plus there is ink and a gps inside the machine.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I just want the money, not the machine. Can you like tear em apart easily or are they bulletproof and shit. Does the ink just soak the money? I know you can wash the bills off after, they aren't gonna destroy em with ink (that's illegal!).
  • edited July 2010
    I just want the money, not the machine. Can you like tear em apart easily or are they bulletproof and shit. Does the ink just soak the money? I know you can wash the bills off after, they aren't gonna destroy em with ink (that's illegal!).

Ink is permanent. Any inked bills are worthless. ATM's are not a good target. IMHO. But there was an article about scimming you might for. It might be on Zoklet, if you can find it bring it over here.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Pissing on an ATM is a serious offense, just think how much piss will get on money, and NOBODY like piss cash!

I chalk this one up to serious time.
  • TripsitTripsit Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    To be honest, If there is no actual damage to the machine they aren't likely to investigate due to the smell of urine. If your really worried, I'd suggest going back debit card equipped as if you were just another guy at the atm and if it doesn't work, report it yourself. Your small bit of honesty may be the last shred to cover your own ass later.

Honesty isn't always the best policy, But used strategically it's sure as fuck a great back up.
  • NotDeadYetNotDeadYet New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    If you report it yourself as soon as possibile lol, you might pay a fine to have it cleaned. I doubt if you are honest and upfront they will get you for public intoxication, but if you let them start an investigation, at the very least you will get charged.

Just suck it up lol and apologize to the manager in front of an audience. I have seen a few cop show where someone who was just pissing outside a store in the back on the grass was chased, tasered, and beaten the shit out of just for something so miniscule lol.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've lit up in front of an ATM before. And also banged on the doors after closing demanding to be let in so I could withdraw money to buy XTC.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Hell no.

Just stay away from that place. If interrogated, deny everything and claim you were under alcoholic influence and offer to pay for repairs and damage. Try to act surprised and embarrassed. The urine oughta be evaporated and the smell shouldn't be too much to handle.

Someone would just think a hobo used the ATM and cuddled against it?
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    LOL thats classic. its like ur forcing everyone that needs to use an atm to use the other ones. So that ones gona have alot less cash than the others and there guna be like wtf
  • StaplesStaples Regular
    edited July 2010
    very old ATMs are good targets.. you know, the kinds with monochrome screens and shit

good luck finding
  • stresstres Regular
    edited July 2010
    If you plea that your actions were influenced by an intoxicant, you will be royally fucked if they charge you for drink driving ~ that's if the camera did catch you entering/exiting in a vehicle.

Just forget about it, most likely nothing will come from it.
  • StaplesStaples Regular
    edited July 2010
    I ran over a bird today