Those glue mousetraps

StaplesStaples Regular
edited December 2010 in Life
People are just fucked up, almost all of them. I am no fucking exception.

I have always hated these glue traps, if you gotta be a killer just get some instant kill traps you sick fuck [not you, unless you buy these, you sick fuck]

Q. why do people kill things that they aren't going to eat and pose no threat to them?

A. because people are FUCKED UP, man. Top of the fucking food chain, that's what you get. Now I want to kill. people.

IF you ever need to, They only possible way to free the animal without injury/disgusting death is to use liberal amounts of vegetable/canola/wtf oil.

But, I could not free the ones my parents caught. I spent at least a fucking hour trying, and by the end of it I will not lie, I was almost in tears.

I took them outside and dropped a rock on them, and felt really bad, really, really bad.

Then I look the other day and someone in my family got these N"EW glue-traps with 'Eugenol, a natural anesthetic"

Eugenol is no such thing. they use that shit in perfumes

lies

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Staples wrote: »
    Then I look the other day and someone in my family got these N"EW glue-traps with 'Eugenol, a natural anesthetic"

Eugenol is no such thing. they use that shit in perfumes

lies

You could help start a lawsuit by calling it false advertising. That shit is intended to relieve the guilt of the killer.

EDIT: Hell if you don't care about the money. report that shit to PETA.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've seen mice chew their own legs off attempting to get out of those things. I only used those a few times, and I put them out of their misery as quickly as possible either by stepping on them or taking a machete to their necks.

I had mice in my old house, and instead of using traps I would set bait out and sit really still with a pellet gun and take them out like that. Or if I wasn't bored enough to do that crap I'd go outside and let some hungry cats in to take care of them.

Also, mice DO pose a threat to people. They carry diseases, get into your food, make annoying noises, and shit and piss everywhere. I even woke up to one of the bastards nibbling on my finger once...
  • edited July 2010
    I've seen mice chew their own legs off attempting to get out of those things. I only used those a few times, and I put them out of their misery as quickly as possible either by stepping on them or taking a machete to their necks.

I had mice in my old house, and instead of using traps I would set bait out and sit really still with a pellet gun and take them out like that. Or if I wasn't bored enough to do that crap I'd go outside and let some hungry cats in to take care of them.

Also, mice DO pose a threat to people. They carry diseases, get into your food, make annoying noises, and shit and piss everywhere. I even woke up to one of the bastards nibbling on my finger once...

The pellet gun idea make me LOL (now I feel bad) but the are nasty little shits. Hell, they were the vehicles for the bubonic plague.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Strange you should post this, it was just yesterday I got up at 3 AM to weird noises, and I find one with its back legs trapped in the glue, its front legs off the edge, and it was sliding around pulling itself with the front legs, like a wheelchair...only it slid.

I just left it there, hell, I didn't put that trap out, I don't like glue traps, not my problem. I usually successfully capture them life and take them somewhere a ways away and let them free.
  • StaplesStaples Regular
    edited July 2010
    They should make glue traps for people, stick em in churches and office buildings, and subways

put EUGENOL in them shits, so the trash can struggle in blissful tranquility of the interworld
  • Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Because a mouse's life is equal to a human's right? :facepalm:
  • Jolt890Jolt890 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    They're considered pest in most places.

When the population of a species isn't threatened, in some places is considered an infestation, it's about the traps being effective.

Yeah, animals shouldn't suffer but you also shouldn't be such a whiny bitch.
  • StaplesStaples Regular
    edited July 2010
    touche, next stop.. animal liberation front

wikiBritches.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Staples wrote: »
    touche, next stop.. animal liberation front

wikiBritches.jpg

lol wut
  • stresstres Regular
    edited July 2010
    Sounds like a pretty fucked up concept to me. I have no problem with culling pests, as long as little or no suffering is had in the process...
  • Jolt890Jolt890 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I see no problem with glue traps if they're checked once a day and any captive are culled.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited July 2010
    throwing it in the trash can where you just forget about it as it struggles until it dies a long painful death.

I imagine this would happen often. Many don't have the stomach to do the deed themselves, yet would be happy to let 'nature' (+an industrial adhesive, bonding agent) take it's course. Fuck, I'm hard-pressed to gather a shred of dignity for being a part of this collective (humanity)..
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    They're fucking rats for god's sake.

They're a pest. Besides eating the scraps off your kitchen, they breed faster than chinks and spread faster than jews.

There's a reason why your local pet shop sells them as snake food, because no one gives a flying fuck about them.

I personally use glue traps and love watching those fuckers struggle out of it. They usually wind up ripping their guts or limbs. I usually stomp the fuck out of them, if I'm feeling lazy, I'll just tie the fucker in a bag and trash it. If you have any feelings for them, you're honestly a fucking douchebag. OH NOEZZ poorrr ratss!!

FFS :facepalm:
  • BlackOpsNinjaBlackOpsNinja Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I can't be at home ALL the time, but the mice can. I've used plenty of glue traps in the past. These stupid fucking mice breed like crazy, they ate through a lot of my fucking clothes, made nests all over my room, and overall they are just fucking nasty disease ridden rodents. I don't feel bad at all for using the glue traps. Having said that I have also used those bait blocks with success as well, and quit using the glue traps. The bait blocks are less cruel, yes, but as long as they are dead/gone I don't care one way or the other.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited July 2010
    People used to use sodium cyanide to kill mice...
  • edited July 2010
    People used to use sodium cyanide to kill mice...

I vote for the "Patience and a Pelletgun" method
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »

They're a pest. Besides eating the scraps off your kitchen, they breed faster than chinks and spread faster than jews.

There's a reason why your local pet shop sells them as snake food, because no one gives a flying fuck about them.

I personally use glue traps and love watching those fuckers struggle out of it. They usually wind up ripping their guts or limbs. I usually stomp the fuck out of them, if I'm feeling lazy, I'll just tie the fucker in a bag and trash it. If you have any feelings for them, you're honestly a fucking douchebag. OH NOEZZ poorrr ratss!!

I'm with you. I hope it was obvious that I did the pellet gun thing for fun (and to practice shooting my pellet gun :)), not because I though it was more humane. People these days take this "animal rights" crap way too far.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm with you. I hope it was obvious that I did the pellet gun thing for fun (and to practice shooting my pellet gun :)), not because I though it was more humane. People these days take this "animal rights" crap way too far.

I don't think about "animal rights" at all. Animals consider no such thoughts when consuming each other to feed themselves and their young, so why should I? I just do want to visit any harm on another creature unless it would wish to do so to me for we as a species embody an orthologike zoon and as so we should be the most discerning members of the animal world.
    edited July 2010
    I don't think about "animal rights" at all. Animals consider no such thoughts when consuming each other to feed themselves and their young, so why should I? I just do want to visit any harm on another creature unless it would wish to do so to me for we as a species embody an orthologike zoon and as so we should be the most discerning members of the animal world.

Fuck yeah!
    edited July 2010
    I remember once I killed a mouse with my cane and then nailed it to my wall as a warning to the other mice. A few days later I looked at the rotting carcass on my wall and questioned my sanity...
  • edited July 2010
    I remember once I killed a mouse with my cane and then nailed it to my wall as a warning to the other mice. A few days later I looked at the rotting carcass on my wall and questioned my sanity...

I would question my sanity as well. I couldn't do that to a mouse. I can watch nature consume itself, but the thought of killing, let alone eviscerating a nigh powerless organism totally gives me the chills. If it's a dog wanting to bite or kill me, it's ass had best hope it succeeds. I dunno as I've not dealt with the conditions the BlackOps describes. Fuck that shit. That's why I keep cats.
  • BlackOpsNinjaBlackOpsNinja Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    MorningSide- I too wanted to mention that I was trying to go to sleep and I had one of those fucking mice nibble on the tip of my finger. My mattress at the time was just a box spring and mattress on the floor, however the mattress was offset a little bit, and the mice were running along the back between the mattress and the wall. Once the mouse bit my finger, I woke up and investigated this path they were using and followed it under my dresser, where I discovered my clothes and shit chewed up and used for nests.

I too feel bad about killing things, particularly things that can't really defend themselves, but mice, I have lost all compassion for.
    edited July 2010
    MorningSide- I too wanted to mention that I was trying to go to sleep and I had one of those fucking mice nibble on the tip of my finger. My mattress at the time was just a box spring and mattress on the floor, however the mattress was offset a little bit, and the mice were running along the back between the mattress and the wall. Once the mouse bit my finger, I woke up and investigated this path they were using and followed it under my dresser, where I discovered my clothes and shit chewed up and used for nests.

I too feel bad about killing things, particularly things that can't really defend themselves, but mice, I have lost all compassion for.

Yeah, whether or not I feel bad about killing something depends on what it is. Mice, I will just kill for fun, but I never harm spiders or insects other than flies and mosquitos. And ants if they come into my house.
    edited July 2010
    Except for stinging ants. I burn those motherfuckers with lasers. (This century's magnifying glass)
  • TheKanefromCitizenKaneTheKanefromCitizenKane Semo-Regulars
    edited December 2010
    I'm no PETA fan, but I think glue traps are a little too sadistic. I don't see the point and necessity of causing them additional suffering when you can just kill them swiftly. Plus, glue traps are unhygienic as hell. I don't think you're being a whiny bitch at all, your complaint is valid - most people dislike animal cruelty.

But fuck it, this piece of human excrement needs to be flamed:

You’ve vindicated the OP perfectly here.

Whether it is a rat or not, pest or not, is completely irrelevant to the point. Killing pests is fine, torturing them is not (you've no reason to torture any helpless animal unless you're a sick fuck).

And a big LOL at calling someone a douchebag for feeling sorry for an animal in a trap when you are laughing about its guts and limbs being ripped apart on an inexpensive sheet of glue. You sociopathic dirtbag. The only reason people have feelings for them in this instance (myself included) is because they don't like to inflict more pain than necessary, and can see the animal is in pain. Such sympathy is a natural human reaction, some say this is what separates us from other animals. And to be perfectly frank, I'd rather have this reaction than yours (which is a psychological red flag).

As for people not giving a flying fuck, well, many people own rats as pets, including myself – not only are you an evil snivelling little sociopath but an ignorant one too. What a combination!
    People these days take this "animal rights" crap way too far.

How exactly is feeling sympathy for an animal in pain, and ensuring a merciful kill so it doesn’t suffer so much “taking it too far” ? Look at the other side of the spectrum – I’d say letting a mouse suffer on a glue trap, laughing at it is taking it too far.

But hey, at least you have the decency to put them out of their misery when you catch them. Kudos to you. However, I disagree about the “fun factor” – imo, there’s nothing fun about killing something that’s pretty much helpless and at your mercy.

I'm morally opposed to glue traps myself, but when people start to torture the animals trapped on them and laugh about it and use cheap justifications such as "pest", that's where my beef is.
    edited December 2010
    stres wrote: »
    Sounds like a pretty fucked up concept to me. I have no problem with culling pests, as long as little or no suffering is had in the process...

The only reason said concept is fucked up is because the people behind it are fucked up.

I don't have anything against killing animals, but torturing them and causing them massive amounts of pain when it's not needed just crosses the line. It is quite pathetic the justifications some use for such behaviour - and worse that they're bagging people for having enough decency to say "man, that shit is wrong, settle the fuck down". LOL - I'm still laughing about that other nitwit calling people who have feelings 'douchebags'. What is he then?
    edited December 2010
    There's a gif somewhere of a mouse in a blender.
    edited December 2010
    Found it.

1234124810463.gif

Some people are sick fucks.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    Normal mousetraps make more sense. Kills them quickly and that's the end of it. The other kind where they get trapped in a box and you can release them somewhere is also good. I don't see any point in torturing animals, it's really not enjoyable.

Although i did once drown a mouse in a glass of vanilla coke. It died in like 10 seconds. Made me wary of Coke.
    edited December 2010
    Wow, how'd that happen?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    :facepalm: There fucking mice you PETA loving niggers. Besides if the mice decide to trespass and illegally enter my home then they can expect consequences.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    Mouse drowning reminds me of this study on sleep deprivation. They put a mouse on a small platform floating in a pool of water. Whenever the mouse tried to lay down to sleep, the platform would lose balance and the mouse would fall into the water. It would quickly then climb back onto the platform. This would repeat and eventually, the mouse never climbed back up. What's even worse is that the study reached no conclusions about sleep deprivation as the mouse died due to drowning, not lack of sleep.
    edited December 2010
    :facepalm: There fucking mice you PETA loving niggers. Besides if the mice decide to trespass and illegally enter my home then they can expect consequences.

Comrade, mice have no concept of human law, and do not fall under the realm of human law, so it is stupid to use legal terms with their actions.

And I hate PETA (which has nothing to do with the point I was making).
    edited December 2010
    Speaking of mice experiments, check this one out. It's awesome.

edited December 2010
    The pellet gun idea make me LOL (now I feel bad) but the are nasty little shits. Hell, they were the vehicles for the bubonic plague.

So were people. What's your point?

I think some people are more nasty than a mouse ever will be. In fact, it was people that directly contributed to the spread of plague in the first place by being unsanitary as hell, killing off the rat's natural predator like cats and snakes because they were "the devil", etc. I see rodents as scapegoats when it comes to the plague sometimes... we brought it upon ourselves.
    edited December 2010
    Wow, how'd that happen?

Well we saw it run under a couch so we moved the couch and I used a nearby glass to capture it. We needed to kill it, so I dumped it into a glass about halfway full of vanilla Coke. It tried to swim for about 10 seconds then drowned. It happened really fast.
    edited December 2010
    Impressive. You must have very quick reflexes.
    edited December 2010
    I'm no PETA fan, but I think glue traps are a little too sadistic. I don't see the point and necessity of causing them additional suffering when you can just kill them swiftly. Plus, glue traps are unhygienic as hell. I don't think you're being a whiny bitch at all, your complaint is valid - most people dislike animal cruelty.

But fuck it, this piece of human excrement needs to be flamed:

You’ve vindicated the OP perfectly here.

Whether it is a rat or not, pest or not, is completely irrelevant to the point. Killing pests is fine, torturing them is not (you've no reason to torture any helpless animal unless you're a sick fuck).

And a big LOL at calling someone a douchebag for feeling sorry for an animal in a trap when you are laughing about its guts and limbs being ripped apart on an inexpensive sheet of glue. You sociopathic dirtbag. The only reason people have feelings for them in this instance (myself included) is because they don't like to inflict more pain than necessary, and can see the animal is in pain. Such sympathy is a natural human reaction, some say this is what separates us from other animals. And to be perfectly frank, I'd rather have this reaction than yours (which is a psychological red flag).

As for people not giving a flying fuck, well, many people own rats as pets, including myself – not only are you an evil snivelling little sociopath but an ignorant one too. What a combination!

How exactly is feeling sympathy for an animal in pain, and ensuring a merciful kill so it doesn’t suffer so much “taking it too far” ? Look at the other side of the spectrum – I’d say letting a mouse suffer on a glue trap, laughing at it is taking it too far.

But hey, at least you have the decency to put them out of their misery when you catch them. Kudos to you. However, I disagree about the “fun factor” – imo, there’s nothing fun about killing something that’s pretty much helpless and at your mercy.

I'm morally opposed to glue traps myself, but when people start to torture the animals trapped on them and laugh about it and use cheap justifications such as "pest", that's where my beef is.

What a pathetic excuse for a human you poor rat-loving bastard.

As for being a "sociopathic" for loling at a dismembered rummaging pest glued on a trap, EL OH EL.

Who are you to impose standards upon me? True words from full-fledged socially warped conformist,
    Such sympathy is a natural human reaction, some say this is what separates us from other animals.

You want me to feel SYMPATHY for a rat? I'm sorry I don't shed tears on a thing that's pestering around my kitchen, gnarling on my property. Why don't you let your little rat loose you sick fuck. I kill them. I don't enclose them in containers for the rest of their lives. Just saying.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited December 2010
    I lol'd at rats being wrongly accused for the plague. Someone get those vermin a lawyer.
    edited December 2010
    So I must be a sociopath as well then because I feel not sympathy for a rat. There a worthless animal.:facepalm:
    edited December 2010
    What a pathetic excuse for a human you poor rat-loving bastard.
    As for being a "sociopathic" for loling at a dismembered rummaging pest glued on a trap, EL OH EL.

Who are you to impose standards upon me? True words from full-fledged socially warped conformist,

The irony is delicious here. You're the one who enjoys watching little animals suffer, you sadistic cunt. :)

From your lack of empathy, and your sadism - yeah, you are definitely a sociopath. Get some therapy before this manifests to something worse.
    You want me to feel SYMPATHY for a rat? I'm sorry I don't shed tears on a thing that's pestering around my kitchen, gnarling on my property. Why don't you let your little rat loose you sick fuck. I kill them. I don't enclose them in containers for the rest of their lives. Just saying.

I never asked for your sympathy you sad sack of shit, but you were bagging people who at least had a conscience. Calling them douchebags when YOU find suffering, dismembered small animals on traps funny - that's why your comments were so ironic, Einstein.

But it's pointless talking about humanity to someone who clearly lacks it. That you find torturing helpless animals on traps amusing is very disturbing, and it indicates that you are indeed a sick fuck who needs to see a therapist.

And as for you "letting them loose" comment, it's a pet shit-brain. An animal domesticated for that very purpose, it wouldn't last a second in the wild.
    edited December 2010
    So I must be a sociopath as well then because I feel not sympathy for a rat. There a worthless animal.:facepalm:

Do you laugh at little animals being tortured on traps? No? Then the comment was not directed at you.

As far as being worthless goes, well, considering many life saving medications and cures to diseases were developed because we tested it on them, I wouldn't say so. Oh, and there's something called the food chain.
    I lol'd at rats being wrongly accused for the plague. Someone get those vermin a lawyer.

Read it again, you illiterate dipshit. Rats were vectors, not the cause.
    edited December 2010
    Do you laugh at little animals being tortured on traps? No? Then the comment was not directed at you.

As far as being worthless goes, well, considering many life saving medications and cures to diseases were developed because we tested it on them, I wouldn't say so. Oh, and there's something called the food chain.

Read it again, you illiterate dipshit. Rats were vectors, not the cause.

Actually I do laugh at it. I tortured a frog not long ago. For shits and giggles. You mad?:p
    edited December 2010
    Actually I do laugh at it. I tortured a frog not long ago. For shits and giggles. You mad?:p

Then you're either a sociopath or a poor troll. :D
    edited December 2010
    Then you're either a sociopath or a poor troll. :D

Nah I have along history of killing animals. I wouldn't kill a dog but anything else I dont care. I have a healthy interest in anatomy so I dissect things that dosnt make me a bad person.
    edited December 2010
    Nah I have along history of killing animals. I wouldn't kill a dog but anything else I dont care. I have a healthy interest in anatomy so I dissect things that dosnt make me a bad person.

Having an interest in anatomy doesn't make you a bad person, no. But torturing something painfully to death for kicks does, however. No sane or rational person would go out of their way to torture an animal to death - morality aside, it serves absolutely no practical benefit and is a waste of time. The only reason someone would do that is when they get pleasure from physical pain that they're inflicting - and when that happens, that person clearly has some mental issues.
    edited December 2010
    Having an interest in anatomy doesn't make you a bad person, no. But torturing something painfully to death for kicks does, however. No sane or rational person would go out of their way to torture an animal to death - morality aside, it serves absolutely no practical benefit and is a waste of time. The only reason someone would do that is when they get pleasure from physical pain that they're inflicting - and when that happens, that person clearly has some mental issues.

I didn't go out of my way. One night I went in my kitchen and a fucking toad was in there. So I captured it and tortured it for an hour than killed. I didnt go out of my way it was just there you know.
    edited December 2010
    I didn't go out of my way. One night I went in my kitchen and a fucking toad was in there. So I captured it and tortured it for an hour than killed. I didnt go out of my way it was just there you know.

Yes, you did "go out of your way". That would not necessarily imply physical movement, but from normal routine. You spent an entire fucking hour torturing something when you just could have killed it anyway... and for what reason exactly?

Is this how you entertain yourself? Gosh, go find another hobby.
    edited December 2010
    Yes, you did "go out of your way". That would not necessarily imply physical movement, but from normal routine. You spent an entire fucking hour torturing something when you just could have killed it anyway... and for what reason exactly?

No reason other than shits and giggles bro.
    edited December 2010

His other hobby is starting a revolution to overthrow the government. His other hobby is being racially aware :o