The Totse Show

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I got this idea from this thread: http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=2393

It's pretty simple and it could work.

Things we require:
Youtube Channel Dedicated for Totse Show.
Ustream Streaming Place
Some Banners for Channel background.

Other things:
Presenters,
Content.

The show can be live if you're using Ustream or it can be pre-recorded. All we have to do is setup a live session and we will have a talk show discussing various things, like News and Tech. The aim is to make it funny and interesting.

If we can't do the session thing, we can easily record episodes via webcams and then post them to Totse Channel. It could our spot for Totse related videos as well.

Example:

I created a video about Camels in Pakistan, I will add the narration,sound track and stuff. We will have a Totse intro and Ending as well [Official]. Then I will just send the source to Totse Channel manager [could be any user with good Internet speed] and then it will be uploaded.

Next we will just tweet,digg and spread the video and within a short span of time, Totse Channel can be a hit.

Does it take time? Yes.
Does it work? Yes

Example: http://twit.tv/

We don't have to go for live talk shows. A simple LSA video will be more than enough to get us started.d

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    This could be funny or it could make us look like a bunch of noobs. Are we going for serious info, satire or anything in particular? For instance, a vid on how to use camels to blow shit up would be funny and totse-like.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    This sounds fun, but it's gotta be done right. As fanglekai said, it'll either be great or awful. I've always loved variety shows. Some information here, some disinformation there, and humour everywhere. I'd be up for doing a character or two if I have the time.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hm I didn't know pakis could have good ideas.
    edited July 2010

Well they invented camels, gotta give them credit for that.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    They also figured out how to diffuse bombs. All on their own. Took a few generations though.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Well they invented camels, gotta give them credit for that.
    Hellish wrote: »
    They also figured out how to diffuse bombs. All on their own. Took a few generations though.

lol, all true... oh wait.

Anyway, I am waiting for LSA King to make the channel and take the lead.
    edited July 2010
    They can't even harbor terrorist groups secretively :o

But yea gimme a youtube show and I'll make orange juice. Don't ask how it works, just think of the ratings!
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    Good idea, but I think we should have some kinda audition process set up. We can't just have some random loser n00b (no offense) promoting us. It has to be someone who has character and charisma.
    edited July 2010
    You want people to audition to waste their time making totse videos on, fucking youtube? :facepalm:
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    You want people to audition to waste their time making totse videos on, fucking youtube? :facepalm:

Damn right, negro. :mad:
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    This is gonna fail.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    No need to audition. If we start worrying about auditions and stuff, things wont work. The more random the video the better it is.
  • Dose MeDose Me Regular
    edited July 2010
    I would love to contribute to an episode in the future and easily could.

The pilot was pretty awesome even though it was very basic. Start adding in some small segments from users and you have pure fucking win.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Btw Youtube has increased its time limit to 15 from 10 mins.
    edited July 2010
    I've seen youtube videos that are over an hour long. Do you need some sort of permit or something to do that?
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    ^

You have to be a YouTube "partner", which more-or-less means you are either
    a film / video creator or producer, an artist (musician, singer, comedian, actor),
    a media company, an advertiser, a broadcaster, a person of great significance
    (like President Barack Obama) or somebody with a special project or mission
    (like Shawn Ahmed and his Uncultured Project for the children of Bangladesh).
    http://youtube.com/UnculturedProject

But that is not enough to become a "partner". YouTube has even more criteria:
    -- You create your own original videos (meaning videos nobody else has done)
    -- The content is 100% yours (there aren't any elements that belong to others)
    -- You own all of the implied copyrights
    -- Your videos are viewed by thousands
    -- You upload videos on a regular basis
    -- The videos are suitable for all viewers
    -- You are a resident in one of the 19 countries where YouTube has local sites
    -- You can prove you are 18+ years old.

Generally, YouTube will not consider you unless you've got some combination
    of "subscribers" and "videos" that when multiplied together can easily surpass
    10,000 channel views. Thus, you would need, for example, something like 800
    subscribers and 20 videos or maybe 500 subs and 30 vids -- as well as a total
    view count close to the 1,000,000 mark.

Once you've finally been "accredited" by the YouTube directors/administrators,
    they will give you all the special tools and codes which will enable you to have:
    -- an 875x75px banner for your channel, 875x150 if you're "corporate" branded
    -- a mini-banner beside each played video
    -- your channel-page video on "autoplay"
    -- "special" videos over 11 minutes long ◄
    -- unique skins/sizes for the video player
    -- more options for your video thumbnails
    -- extra channel boxes: bulletins, profile
    -- option of animated GIF for background
    -- being at the very top of search results
    -- the possibility of earning "ad revenue"
    -- the light-bulb "watch at night" feature (if you are considered a "broadcaster")
    -- a "More From" section which overrides the regular "Related Videos" section
    and featuring only your uploaded videos.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/search.py?query=partner&ctx=en%3Asearchbox&client=&hl=&cx=&cof=&adkw=&search_type=hc_help
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    ^

You have to be a YouTube "partner", which more-or-less means you are either
    a film / video creator or producer, an artist (musician, singer, comedian, actor),
    a media company, an advertiser, a broadcaster, a person of great significance
    (like President Barack Obama) or somebody with a special project or mission
    (like Shawn Ahmed and his Uncultured Project for the children of Bangladesh).
    http://youtube.com/UnculturedProject

But that is not enough to become a "partner". YouTube has even more criteria:
    -- You create your own original videos (meaning videos nobody else has done)
    -- The content is 100% yours (there aren't any elements that belong to others)
    -- You own all of the implied copyrights
    -- Your videos are viewed by thousands
    -- You upload videos on a regular basis
    -- The videos are suitable for all viewers
    -- You are a resident in one of the 19 countries where YouTube has local sites
    -- You can prove you are 18+ years old.

Generally, YouTube will not consider you unless you've got some combination
    of "subscribers" and "videos" that when multiplied together can easily surpass
    10,000 channel views. Thus, you would need, for example, something like 800
    subscribers and 20 videos or maybe 500 subs and 30 vids -- as well as a total
    view count close to the 1,000,000 mark.

Once you've finally been "accredited" by the YouTube directors/administrators,
    they will give you all the special tools and codes which will enable you to have:
    -- an 875x75px banner for your channel, 875x150 if you're "corporate" branded
    -- a mini-banner beside each played video
    -- your channel-page video on "autoplay"
    -- "special" videos over 11 minutes long ◄
    -- unique skins/sizes for the video player
    -- more options for your video thumbnails
    -- extra channel boxes: bulletins, profile
    -- option of animated GIF for background
    -- being at the very top of search results
    -- the possibility of earning "ad revenue"
    -- the light-bulb "watch at night" feature (if you are considered a "broadcaster")
    -- a "More From" section which overrides the regular "Related Videos" section
    and featuring only your uploaded videos.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/search.py?query=partner&ctx=en%3Asearchbox&client=&hl=&cx=&cof=&adkw=&search_type=hc_help

Thanks for the info. So, we create the Totse Show Channel and when we reach that mark we go pro. No problem.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    I like it...

I'd be happy to help. I'd only be able to upload video when I'm around highspeed, but hell...I can make videos showing how to DIY some stuff, I've got a few potato guns and I need to rebuild my flamethrower. Anybody want to know what happens if X is shot with Y using a combustion potato gun?

Hell, you guys can just take my flamethrower video and promote totse wherever you want, that might get some viewers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lhOGFd4RTM

I think I still have this video, along with the first one saved somewhere around here. I'll start looking.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Haha Twit.tv is where I got the idea from. I love Leo Laporte. This is well along the lines I was thinking, thanks for being able to put it into perspective for me lol. All those pro-shows online just use readily available software to make it work and it should be more fun than anything. The hardest part is finding the select dedicated few to lead it and what platform we are going to run with. Technology is one thing, but that's where I was hung up as far as what the layout should be where we base it off of each episode.

We have some smart people here, always have, and this is a way we can get that out using new-age media as a model for the future of Totse. Unfortunately as much as we dislike some social networking platforms we can't completely ignore them these days because people depend on them to keep bringing them back. Sucks to say, but we have to do something new that is going to propel us into the "cool sites" as awkward as that now seems to say. We used to be a community that was large and in-charge and now we are just considered a historic artifact. We have people trying to rebuild the Army, staff working on the forums and features, Hellish working to bring the site into a new CMS where we can future proof our ideas, and others contributing through threads/posts.

We need all of those, but there seems to be something missing that if I wasn't a former Totsean and just saw this place wouldn't make me want to stay like it did 10 years ago.