New Forums

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I have read totse forum descriptions and I am trying to post some content in them from time to time. It seems some of the forums like Moving Pictures and Art & Design tend to limit certain things.

Such as, I want to talk about movie production or film production or just talk about what goes behind the scenes. I can post those threads in Moving Pictures but as well all know those threads will get overshadowed by movie threads.

Then in Art and Design, I can't make threads regarding Photo shoots and taking pictures and other things, sure I can call it ART, but that section isn't for that type of Art.

Zoklet solved this problem with Visual Arts but we're stuck with Totse layout which I really like. Now, I was thinking of a way to make a new forum which will cover, photography and all its sub fields along with filming and music production. Basically that section will cover the loop holes of Moving Pictures, Art & Design, T&T etc.

Users can share their documentary and talk about how they did it and another user can post fashion photo shoots which he did for a magazine or we can talk about photography.

What I am trying to say is, we're basically ignoring a very large piece of the Internet. I have been to fashion forums and other forums and none of them, I mean except for few forums [which are about photography or film production] have those forums.

With those forums I can easily invite photographers and newbie directors and lure them here. Tell them this community needs a bit of help and in return they will be able to share their work and promote it.

So, what do you think? I have like 60 tabs of photo shoots open and 4 tabs of short films with technical preview and I am itching to post them on Totse.

If you agree with me, help me with the name and description of the forum.

If you don't then help me find a workground.

I can make this forum as a sub set of Art & Design but it could very well be a seperate section.

Comments

• ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    That's not a bad idea at all. Go for it.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Maybe call the movies one On the Set?
  • wolfiewolfie Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    If you're going to do that, you should put the equivalent of the musicians playground back as a sub of the music forum. 'Twas helpful for the very reasons you mentioned.

"On the Set" is good but implies an exclusion of post production, which is a huge part- particularly for people involved in film that happen to be on their computers all day. ;) "Behind the Scenes" is obvious, but more appropriate. Something along those lines.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    "The Crew Needs Recognition Too!"
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    I went for Studio it's a temporary name until we can figure out a good one. I will add the music section sub-forum as well.

Just give me the name and the description.