Crysis 2 Being Pushed Back

edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706689/Crysis-2-Pushed-To-Early-2011.html

This sucks :( I was really hoping to get my hands on it, it sounds like a brilliant game.

Comments

• PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    I still don't know how they expect this to run on the 360.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    I still don't know how they expect this to run on the 360.

This. Even today it takes a pretty good computer to run Crysis on full settings.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2010
    im not really all that concerned. crysis has always been about the graphics. the story in the first one wasnt anything special
  • edited August 2010
    im not really all that concerned. crysis has always been about the graphics. the story in the first one wasnt anything special

They're concentrating a lot more on gameplay and the story in the second installment. Also, apparently its going to have even better graphics that aren't so resource-hogging. So you don't have to have amazing hardware to run it.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    They're concentrating a lot more on gameplay and the story in the second installment. Also, apparently its going to have even better graphics that aren't so resource-hogging. So you don't have to have amazing hardware to run it.

See, that's what I don't understand. How are they going to get better graphics with less CPU strain? That's just magick.
  • edited August 2010
    See, that's what I don't understand. How are they going to get better graphics with less CPU strain? That's just magick.

I dunno, better algorithms or something? xD
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited August 2010

Code optimization. They're optimizing the engine so it's more efficient, and looks prettier on the same kind of hardware.

Even so, they 360 and PS3 versions are going to be the equivalent of medium or low settings on the computer. Just look at the 360 version of Metro 2033 compared to highest detail screenshots on the PC.
  • edited August 2010
    Slice wrote: »
    Code optimization. They're optimizing the engine so it's more efficient, and looks prettier on the same kind of hardware.

Even so, they 360 and PS3 versions are going to be the equivalent of medium or low settings on the computer. Just look at the 360 version of Metro 2033 compared to highest detail screenshots on the PC.

Glad I've got a decent PC to play this on. Is the PC really that much more powerful than the PS3?
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Glad I've got a decent PC to play this on. Is the PC really that much more powerful than the PS3?

yeah it is. a decent computer is much faster
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah it is. a decent computer is much faster

I always though it was the GFX card. The PS3 has a 6 core 3GHz monster inside it but, only the equivalent of two 7900's in GFX. Developers work with this and it gets better - which is why graphics on a console get better over time.

With the PC you have a stupidly fast moving market when it comes to graphics cards and developers don't have the time to squeeze out every last bit of power from every card; so it's up to your beefy graphics card to just number crunch as fast as it can.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    What's really funny about it all is that Crysis has been out for 2 1/2 years now and still every graphics card has problems playing it on High or Max settings lol. By the time it's released it will probably be 5 years before anything finally can hardware wise.

Can it play Crysis 2? In 2020 when graphics boards are the size of your motherboard.