Why do I throw up every single time I drink alcohol?

abusernameabusername Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Every single time without fail, when I drink more than 2 standard sized beers, I will throw up either that night as soon as I get home or wake up in the early morning and throw up. It really fucking sucks, as you can imagine.

I can drink 1 or 2 beers and be just fine, but anymore than that and I will throw up without fail.

Also interestingly, my lower right back where my right kidney would be aches a bit this morning and hurt last night after I threw up, though I'm not sure if this is just back pain (unlikely, never had it there before) or something else. My mate reckons it's just because I threw up and is nothing to worry about.

So what's up with this shit guys?

EDIT: I should add that this has only been happening oh.. let's say.. about 12 months or something I guess? I still threw up when I drank when I was younger, but the difference was that I was drinking half bottles of smirnoff high strength vodka when I did it, not a few beers. I don't think I used to throw up that much from beer.. when I did, I would have drank more than 6 in a few hours.

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Tell your doctor. You might have kidney problems. You might not be able to metabolize alcohol properly. I dunno because if it only happened in the last 12 months it seems odd. Maybe you've lost your tolerance and need to build it up? I can drink 6 beers, do shots and still not throw up. Try building up a tolerance. Drink 2 beers every night for a week. Then drink 3 every night for a week. Try drinking hard liquor and see if 3 shots makes you throw up.

Also, what are you drinking?
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited August 2010
    You've probably got a downregulation of acetaldehyde dehydrogenase, or possibly a kidney problem. I'm not a doctor, but even a doctor would tell you that you shouldn't be drinking alcohol period if you have these kind of symptoms.

Besides, alcohol causes liver cancer.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2010
    Because your a pussy.
    edited August 2010
    On second thought, fuck what I said about building tolerance. You should see your doctor. An adult male with no tolerance should be able to handle 3 beers just fine.
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited August 2010
    You suck. Kill yourself.
    edited August 2010
    xxombie wrote: »
    You suck. Kill yourself.
    acolytes.png
    edited August 2010
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    acolytes.png

Lol apparently you don't know who xxombie is. She's a totse vet.
    edited August 2010
    No I don't. I just thought it would be funny.
    edited August 2010
    That it was.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited August 2010
    Are you taking any medicine or antibiotics? That could defiantly cause things problem.
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited August 2010
    ok so u mite wanna c a docter but im no docter so idk. also maybe alcihol is not 4 u even tho u enjoy the buzz trust me cus i no som1 who used 2 drink like a fish wen they got the chanse 2 and now they dont drink anymore realy sept maybe a few drinks 4 a buz now and then at a get together but nothing fansy. it also helps that he doesnt get invited 2 partys like he used 2 :o:o:o:o:o
  • Pile of JewsPile of Jews Regular
    edited August 2010
    Nightside wrote: »
    You've probably got a downregulation of acetaldehyde dehydrogenase, or possibly a kidney problem. I'm not a doctor, but even a doctor would tell you that you shouldn't be drinking alcohol period if you have these kind of symptoms.

Besides, alcohol causes liver cancer.

Weed > Alcohol :thumbsup:
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited August 2010
    As I said, it isn't like this is my first time drinking piss - I drank 5x the amount what I did now when I was like 14-16 and I don't remember throwing up unless I got REALLY fucked up (Which was common..)

But yeah I saw the doctor today about some unrelated shit (Getting checked for STDs and HIV, I slept with a dirty bitch, lawl) and told him and he found it interesting. If no STDs n shiz turn up, I'll get him to try and figure out whats wrong with me.

I hope I don't have anything wrong with my kidneys n shit.. I have enough fucking problems as it is.

Also, I drink Carlton Draught, an Australian beer. I throw up even when I just drink beer and don't drink any spirits n shit. I do burp a whole fucking lot when I drink, could it be something like bad indigestion or something? Perhaps I've become allergic to alcohol(I read on google before that this can happen, not sure if true)

But yeah.. I'll just get the doctor to figure it out guys, feel free to keep speculating though.. I just quit smoking pot, I don't want to have to quit drinking too :o
  • KentKent Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Needs MOAR Tooheys Extra Dry
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
    Kent wrote: »
    Needs MOAR Tooheys Extra Dry

tooheys-harvest-ted.jpg
  • KentKent Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    stres wrote: »
    tooheys-harvest-ted.jpg

Thats a decent Quiff hes got cranking there
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Tooheys extra dry is fucking shit.
    edited August 2010
    I used to drink TED, it's fucking shit. Gives you the worse headaches ever, has more preservatives than.. something with a whole lot of fucking preservatives!
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited August 2010
    Could be be Chron's disease?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn's_disease

Anyway you should definitely go to the doctor's..
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    Start off lightweight, with some fuzzy navels.
    edited August 2010
    100% not Chron's disease. I have none of those symptoms besides throwing up, n even then that's only when I drink.

We really need a Physical illness forum in my opinion.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited August 2010
    damn dude . maybe you're slamming them back to fast. how much do you weight
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    Can you stomach the hard shit ok mang?
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Bad at drinking.
    edited August 2010
    I could drink 3 beers on an empty stomach in 15 mins and still be fine. You need to get some blood work done or something. Go to the doctor and get this checked out.
    ----
    Ahhh, the alcohol issue. I'm currently working through this... Everyone always thinks is pills they take or this or that... Theres a checklist to look thru if drinking any amount of booze is making you sick.

-ulcer
    -allergy
    -anxiety

i found mine was anxiety. I am (or was) a big drinker. Where I could have 10 or 11 beers and endless shots without ever puking. And one day even I had half a beer and emptied my guts out. So after getting tested for ulcers, refulx etc... I discovered it was a social anxiety that literally developed over night. The only way to really cure that is therapy. But next time ur around booze really take a minute to think about it. If it is just you convincing yourself that you will be sick, and therefore you get sick. Since I dot have money or time for therapy, what I do before I go to a party, is make sure I go seperate from my friends so I can leave whenever I feel I wantg to or need too, seconly, I always go an hour before everyone else so I can make myself comfortable in the situation I will be in, and after about 30 minutes of familiarizing myself with the place, I have a couple drinks and then I am ok once all my friends show up. If you are thinking to yourself "well I dont wanna seem like a big loser and be there an hour bymyself", do something productive with that hour. If its a house party I always go and help set up, or if its a club I order a sandwich and watch the game if im gonna be so early. You should really give it a try, and make sure you use mental blocks and dont think about being sick. Just keep yourself occupied the entire time. Be relaxed and dont stress yourself out, and the nausia will go away. Good luck!
    http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic30639.html

One person in that thread suggests taking an acid reducing medication. Prilosec OTC is a good one. You take it for 2 weeks and that's it.

So it might be an acid problem. It might be social anxiety or an allergy.
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I could drink 3 beers on an empty stomach in 15 mins and still be fine. You need to get some blood work done or something. Go to the doctor and get this checked out.
    ----
    Ahhh, the alcohol issue. I'm currently working through this... Everyone always thinks is pills they take or this or that... Theres a checklist to look thru if drinking any amount of booze is making you sick.

-ulcer
    -allergy
    -anxiety

i found mine was anxiety. I am (or was) a big drinker. Where I could have 10 or 11 beers and endless shots without ever puking. And one day even I had half a beer and emptied my guts out. So after getting tested for ulcers, refulx etc... I discovered it was a social anxiety that literally developed over night. The only way to really cure that is therapy. But next time ur around booze really take a minute to think about it. If it is just you convincing yourself that you will be sick, and therefore you get sick. Since I dot have money or time for therapy, what I do before I go to a party, is make sure I go seperate from my friends so I can leave whenever I feel I wantg to or need too, seconly, I always go an hour before everyone else so I can make myself comfortable in the situation I will be in, and after about 30 minutes of familiarizing myself with the place, I have a couple drinks and then I am ok once all my friends show up. If you are thinking to yourself "well I dont wanna seem like a big loser and be there an hour bymyself", do something productive with that hour. If its a house party I always go and help set up, or if its a club I order a sandwich and watch the game if im gonna be so early. You should really give it a try, and make sure you use mental blocks and dont think about being sick. Just keep yourself occupied the entire time. Be relaxed and dont stress yourself out, and the nausia will go away. Good luck!
    http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic30639.html

One person in that thread suggests taking an acid reducing medication. Prilosec OTC is a good one. You take it for 2 weeks and that's it.

So it might be an acid problem. It might be social anxiety or an allergy.

Informative post:thumbsup:

My only issue with drinking is, I try to drink till it's all gone. The worst part, I have nothing left for my wake up call.:(
    edited August 2010
    I think it must be social anxiety. I had that pretty hardcore a few months ago, though I am completely over it now (Couldn't talk to people and look them in the eye too much, would be generally nervous). Had that for a few years, it's completely gone now though. Guess the part attached to drinking could still be there?

Now that I think about it.. I suppose I do convince myself I'm going to be sick, maybe because I'm so used to throwing up every single time I drink? I remember when I chucked up the other night, it was when I woke up from sleep and I immediately thought "I'm going to throw up" then felt sick..

Hmm, will do further research..
    edited August 2010
    abusername wrote: »
    I think it must be social anxiety. I had that pretty hardcore a few months ago, though I am completely over it now .
    Its all good bro. I understand how you feel.....I was like that when totse.com closed.....But since I joined this place, I'm now over it.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited August 2010
    I wish I had this problem. Then I wouldn't be a borderline alcoholic. Then again, alcohol is fun
    edited August 2010
    Got pissed as the other night on something other than beer and was fine.

Guess beer just doesn't agree with me anymore, so I'm gunna start drinking rum n coke.
    edited August 2010
    abusername wrote: »
    Got pissed as the other night on something other than beer and was fine.

Guess beer just doesn't agree with me anymore, so I'm gunna start drinking rum n coke.

Probably contains some allergen you can't deal with.

I don't drink much beer these days as it is, gives me wicked heartburn.
    edited August 2010
    Time flies when you're having rum!!
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited August 2010
    What a fucking faggot OP is.
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Time flies when you're having rum!!

I've been sober the last two and a half weeks. Fucking non-stop working. It blows. This weekend though, I'm going to make sure to get drunk enough to forget who I am for a little bit. I'm not used to going 3 days without a drink, let alone 3 weeks.

Ballz. :o
    edited August 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    I've been sober the last two and a half weeks. Fucking non-stop working. It blows. This weekend though, I'm going to make sure to get drunk enough to forget who I am for a little bit. I'm not used to going 3 days without a drink, let alone 3 weeks.

Ballz. :o

I hate it when I can't drink every few days. I've been cutting back lately, though. I only had 2 beers last night. Drinking is a waste of time unless you're getting drunk or having some really tasty stuff.