People who drink bottled water

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
What the fuck? You pollute the environment with all those plastic bottles.

Oh but you recycle? Bullshit.
ocean-trash.jpg

"Oh, but it's healthier than tap water!" Bullshit. Tap water is regulated. It is required to meet standards set by FEDERAL LAW. Bottled water does not need to meet those requirements.

"But it's purified spring water!" You idiot. It's well water. Legally that is spring water. They pass it through coal dust to absorb some contaminants, both good for you and bad. Reverse osmosis? They pass it through cellulose (plant fibers). Either way, both are done at your local water treatment plant.

"I don't care." Well then, enjoy your water filled with bisphenol a. It's a plastic softener put in those polyethylene terephthalate bottles. When ingested, the body treats it as estrogen. Enjoy your weak muscles and man titties.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Bottled water = fancy tap water with all the chemicals in the plastic leached into the water

Tap water here is free and good quality, so I drink that. People who open a fresh bottle of water everyday piss me off. The only time water bottles are acceptable is if it's distilled water for chemistry or whatever.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I don't drink bottled water unless I'm thirsty and its what I'm offered. I'm thinking of making a stockpile for after 2077.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    i dont have a problem with either, except for the fact that i have to pay for bottled water
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited August 2010
    water is free for everyone, but people see it as a limited resource and try to market it. heck, if air was limited they'd put a price on that too.
  • edited August 2010
    Wow, I never knew you got man-titties from drinking bottled water. Thanks for the heads up!
  • 47 47 4747 47 47 Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I can grow tits?
    SWEET!

People who ONLY drink bottled water piss me off
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2010
    Don't have a problem with bottled water but I can't stand when someone "only drinks Fiji water because of the bottle shape and cool label." "And of course everyone knows more expensive bottles of water always taste better."
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Bottled Water is only half the problem though. It's plastic in general (which btw makes for wonderful Fleece in case some of you didn't know). Since the late 70's damn near EVERY-FUCKING-THING is made from plastic. It's cheap, yet they sell products made of it for ridiculously higher prices. Buying water just seems fucking retarded when you are paying for water in your own home that is just as pure as the bottled shit.

Invest in a water filter. We only change ours out once every year or two and you're supposed to do it every 6 months or so. I don't notice the difference, I think they just tell you that to get you to buy more filters. Shit tastes just as good if not better.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Bottled water costs something like 400x more than tap water. It's a hilarious high markup. You can get gallons of tap water for just a few cents. Personally I only drink tap water. I have a Clear2o filter I use sometimes that improves the taste, but straight from the tap is fine with me.
  • edited August 2010
    I only drink bottled water when it's convenient.

Tap water is clean where I live, and if it isn't where you live, pick up/build some sort of filter to attach to the tap.
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited August 2010
    thick plastic bottle from chucke cheese+tap water=my plastic reusable water bottle.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    I reuse the plastic cups I get when I buy a chinese meal & drink from the grocery store. Reusing water bottles is easy. Just pour some dish soap in it, add water, shake, rinse, let dry. Ta da!
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    I just hate the smug attitude some people who only drink bottled water have. They act as though Im some primitive sub human because I drink tap water. People that drink Evian or any overpriced bottled water are the worst and smuggest of them all.
  • FiremindFiremind Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Most all are still fluoridated so you don't beat the poison!
    Yeah, it sucks.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited August 2010
    I would also like to add that in some states, such as northern fl, that have massive springs and aquifers your tap water is actually up to 70% better quality than bottled water. Quit giving soda companies your business. All bottled water companies are linked to soda companies.
  • edited August 2010
    Firemind wrote: »
    Most all are still fluoridated so you don't beat the poison!
    Yeah, it sucks.

lol :facepalm:
  • FiremindFiremind Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    lol :facepalm:

why would you laugh? You bipolar?