Party throwing tips

edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I'm throwing a small party/get-together thing on Friday with a few close friends, but I want it to be really enjoyable for everyone. This is &T, and so I'm sure you all have some good tips on how to make a party better. I'm talking background music, alcohol etc.

Go go go.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Alright, I'll have a separate room for other shit. What do you recommend for background music? It would be cool to have music playing wherever people decide to go, but I think it would work better if there was quieter, more chilled music playing out back. Sound good?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Robert Miles is good in the background.
  • edited September 2010
    I like Robert Miles, I'll bear that in mind. Perhaps I could make a playlist with some cool music in.

It will be good when people are drunk enough to not care what's going on. Then the party could suck, but people wouldn't care. They'd all be talking to each other about random crap.
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited September 2010
    Just put on some Peter Cetera and the mood is set.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited September 2010
    When I clicked this thread I thought the title was "Party throwing hips" and we would get pictures of hips ready to partaaaah. I am so disappointed right now ...

Anyway, on-topic: Make sure there's enough food / the possibility to get pizza! No good party without some (ok - A LOT of) food.

And it's usually a good idea to make sure one person stays at least a little bit sober in case of trouble. You never know when you might need somebody able to utter a couple words in half-decent English.
  • edited September 2010
    Maaaan, potato chips are the fucking BOMB when drunk. I love them a lot, I'll definitely be getting some.
  • edited September 2010
    I'll often sit there and eat as much as I can when I'm drunk. Usually, I crave cheese. Cheese sandwiches, grilled cheese, cheese flavor chips, etc.
  • PsyntheticPsynthetic Regular
    edited September 2010
    Do you have anywhere that you could play beer pong? Or other drinking games. People like that stuff. :thumbsup:

Also have some hard alcohol and mixers around, or just make jungle juice. Some girls *gasp* don't like beer. :eek:
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited September 2010
    ok so i think streemers and stuff but dont get the neon kinds cus those r lame maybe blue red green yelow so every1s coler is chose it can realy hava efect on how ppl feel deep down inside and also maybe party hats if ur frinds like 2 b goofy 1 time my frind hada party and he had his faverit football teem )not telling wich teem it was so the stockers from here wont get me) but anyways stuff like that is a good idea maybe have som movys :o:o:o:o
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited September 2010
    The Beatles (L). Such amazing music.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    The music really depends on what you and your mates are into. I've been to some parties where they played Tool, System of a Down, metal kind of stuff ...yet I've been to others where they've played all the pop music and all the stuff you hear in the clubs. You've just got to know your crowd.

Flashing lights and smoke machines are always fun.

And if its half outside, a brazier is the ultimate must have ...if its cold.
  • edited September 2010
    Alright, thanks for all these ideas guys :D Hopefully now this party will be a little bit more successful.

I think the worst part is definitely the awkwardness at the beginning, where there's a few people there, no one is drunk and its really empty. Any idea how I can overcome this part?
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Alright, thanks for all these ideas guys :D Hopefully now this party will be a little bit more successful.

I think the worst part is definitely the awkwardness at the beginning, where there's a few people there, no one is drunk and its really empty. Any idea how I can overcome this part?

Start the music before anyone gets there. Theres nothing worse than turning up to a party with no music playing at the start :facepalm:

Also, have a few drinks before anyone gets there and you won't even notice the awkwardness.
  • edited September 2010
    That's a great point actually. I've turned up to parties before and there's been no music playing until later on, and the silence is actually deafening.